𝟐𝟓. 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 went on, we finally pulled into the Hawk's nest where John B was meeting Sarah with the map. The group talked loudly in the back, ready for the adventure and honestly, I was too. JJ pushed open the side door once we parked and before we could get out, John B told us to wait. "Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm going to do this one by myself..." Kie rolled her eyes as she sat back and I could tell that the group was upset. "Look, I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery,"

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all?" Kie said and John B threw his head back in frustration.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's--it's just, uh, like a-- a business meeting... Look, once we get what we need, we cute her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map," He told her as JJ pretend to give a blowjob to his blunt.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you two," Kie asked and honestly, I was starting to get sick of this constant arguing.

"Nothing is happening, Kie," He lied as lightning flashed through the sky. Great, now a storm's coming, what a surprise.

"I'm serious. This isn't about or, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head, so just promise me nothing's happening between you guys," She finished and he promised.

"Okay great. Now that you tow have kissed and made up, get going JB. That map isn't going to grab itself," I told him as he got out of the car. Kie send me a harsh glare and I put my hands up in defence, "I just said what we were all thinking,"

Pope and JJ agreed with me as Kie rolled her eyes for the hundredth time tonight. Thunder rumbled through the sky as the four of us sat in the hot car, waiting for John B's return. While the boys and Kie talked, I stared out the window, watching as the sky lit up around us.

As I closed my eyes, head leaning against the window, I remembered dancing with Rafe. As we rocked back and forth with my head on his chest, I could hear him humming the song playing, softly.

But while I was thinking of the memory, Ms. Abbot's voice flashed through my mind. "Don't let him go," She told me in a sweet voice, "He's special," She was right and I knew that if I wanted to be with him, I had to be with all of him. All the fights, parties, and drugs, as well as the sweet moments, the hugs, the soft kisses; all of it.

I didn't realize how deep in thought I was until Pope grabbed my shoulders. I looked up startled and confused before following him out of the car. As we ran, I could hear Sarah screaming for someone's help and I knew something bad happened.

When we finally approached them, it felt as if time had stopped. Sarah was crouched next to an unresponsive John B. My hand flew to my mouth as I turned to face the boys and Kie, hoping they knew what to do. "I don't know what to do, he needs help. Topper shoved him. Please get help, I don't care who, just call someone," She pleaded as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I pushed Pope away, "Get help, go, go, go," He ran away from us as Kie yelled for him to hurry. My heart was beating out of my chest as I stared at John B, the boy I considered my family and my brother.

Sarah held his head in her hands, talking to him and begging him to stay away. As his eyes drooped closed, tears rolled down my cheeks and I didn't care. It scared me more than anything to see him in the state, with all of us feeling helpless.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," I muttered as I turned away from the group, not wanting them to see me cry. I bit my lip, trying to stop it from trembling. Through the blur of tears, I could see the red and blue flashing lights of an ambulance driving towards us.

The ambulance stopped next to us and a stretcher came out and took John B from Sarah's arms, while we all stood there, scared. Sarah got into the ambulance and I watched as it drove away.

Kie led me back into the van as Pope got into the driver's seat, driving us all home individually. I sat in the front seat, quiet, not wanting to attract attention to myself. I was the first person to be dropped off, but before I went inside, I got into my car and started down the road.

I had no clue where I was going and I was just driving down the road. Rain poured down the windows as thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. My heart was still beating out of my chest while I felt sick to my stomach. I stopped the car and got out, walking to the front door, I knocked.

I stood a foot away from the door as the rain-soaked me completely. The dress was probably ruined and my makeup was running down my cheeks while my hair stuck to my face. The door opened and Rafe walked towards me. It was silent between us as he pulled me into a hug, letting my cry into his shoulder, while my entire body shook.

He stroked my hair as we both stood in the rain. He didn't try and move me, he didn't speak and he didn't ask me what was wrong; he just let me cry.

I want to know if anybody would want to make a new cover for this book. I'd love to see your ideas and I was hoping to change it up a bit. If you want to, send me your ideas on Instagram (@sydneyleggatt) or message me on Wattpad.

Also, we hit 2k reads and I want to thank you very much for all the love, votes, and comments!!
- Syd <3