~ chapter 4 ~

Madelyn slowly opened her eyes to see the dim fire that was left from the night before. She sat still for a minute and realized she was the only one awake. She sat up and reached her arms over her head to try and stop the aching the couch caused. She turned around to make sure no one was there, and not a person was in sight. She yawned before standing up and walking to the coffee maker. She peeked around in the cabinets to try and find the coffee, eventually finding it in the cabinet above the stove. She reached up, grabbed it, and began the process. 

As the coffee brewed, she walked to the fridge to find eggs. She never made scrambled eggs by herself but she thought that it was a great day to try. She pulled out the carton and walked over to the stove with a fork and bowl in hand. She cracked and began scrambling the egg in the bowl. As she was working on her breakfast, Malfoy walked out and opened the fridge. Madelyn peeked behind to find him. She continued on with her eggs, then poured them into a pan on the stove. A sizzle began and the eggs began to cook fast. A scent filled the air along with a cloud of dark smoke. Madelyn quickly started stirring the eggs but nothing was helping. 

Malfoy rushed over and pulled the spatula from Madelyn's hands, turning off the heat and stirring the eggs. The smoke left and so did the burning scent. Madelyn watched as her eggs were destroyed as Malfoy dropped the spatula on the pan and walked back to his seat. She didn't want to seem weak so she poured the eggs on a plate and set them down on the table, opposite side far from Malfoy. She walked back over to the kitchen, grabbed a coffee, and sat with her eggs. She shifted her eyes over to Malfoy and watched as he ate his cereal. He didn't once move his eyes in her directions, even after the egg situation. 

She slowly ate her eggs, hating the taste. Once he finished, he got up, placed his bowl in the sink, and walked back to the room. As he walked away, she shoved the eggs into the garbage and placed her plate in the sink. She sat back down on the couch and watched the fire die. There was nothing to do since it was too early for her to hang out with her friends so she walked into their bedroom to grab a book. As she walked in, he was putting a black button upon. She could feel the blood rush to her face as he turned to look at her. 

"Need something?" he spat as he fixed his shirt into his pants. Madelyn looked away, rushed to her stack of books, and grabbed one she hasn't read yet. She walked out, feeling an extreme amount of embarrassment as she got to the couch. She felt tears form as she kept letting her mind run. She thought of her new life and how the couch was her bed for the rest of the year, and maybe even her life. Malfoy walked out with a similar outfit as the day before. Madelyn immediately smacked her tears away as he got closer, not allowing Malfoy to see her look weak but he already noticed. He continued to walk to the door while Madelyn didn't stop looking at the fireplace. He cleared his throat as he opened it, hoping to get her attention but she didn't stop what she was doing. 

"I'm...heading out," he said then letting the door slam behind him. She got up and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She showered and got dressed in a tee shirt and jeans, similar to the previous days. She curled her hair today in hopes of making plans with her friends. When she was done, it was still a little too early so she began to clean her suite. She wiped the counters and stove and swept the floor. There wasn't much to clean since they have only lived there for a couple of days, but she had nothing else to do. 

After an hour, the morning had turned to the afternoon. Madelyn dashed down the hall to Hermione and Ron's room. She closed her hand into a fist and knocked several times. The door creaked open to find Ron squinting his eyes at the sight of Madelyn as if he just woke up. 

"Hello," Ron said with a groggy voice.

"I'm sorry, were you two still sleeping?" 

"Just me. Hermione was just going to the bathroom. She'll be out in a minute." Madelyn nodded and stepped inside as Ron stepped aside. Madelyn sat on their couch to the left since their suite was flipped compared to Madelyn's.