~ chapter 25 ~

"Any questions can be directed to me, but for now, off to bed." McGonagall finished her explanation with the professors watching behind. 

Madelyn turned on her heels and darted for the door with Draco not far behind. Her mind was running with no end in sight. She couldn't process what she heard, she didn't want to.

After a few corners were turned, Draco finally grabbed for her arm, pulling her to the wall beside her. Her wand went straight to his neck, teasing his artery as it bounced the wand every second.

"Mind explaining to me what this is?" Madelyn demanded, wand almost going deeper.

"My father-" Draco started.

"Tell me without using those two words," Madelyn interrupted, wand still in place.

"I had no choice."

"So you were the one who asked the Ministry? When exactly did you do that, before or after you kissed me goodnight and held on to me - promising it was forever?" 

She shoved him away as disgust began to settle in. It was him, the man she saw forever with. Fuck.

"It's not like that," Draco explained, "he told me what you said to him - how you wanted to help him get you out of this marriage."

"Did it seem like I wanted to, Draco? We talked for fucking hours about our future," she shouted, her voice bounced off the walls.

"I had no choice."

"You had a choice and you chose wrong," Madelyn spat as she pushed herself off the wall, their room was her destination.

 "My father doesn't want me to marry you - love doesn't last, family is forever," Draco explained with emotion no longer present as if what he said was fact.

"Fuck off," Madelyn muttered as she kept walking.

"I don't deserve you."

"I am very aware."

Once they reached their room, Madelyn went straight for their bedroom and with a few flicks of her wand, all of his things flooded out of his drawers and onto the bed neatly folded. She wanted to tear the neatly folded clothing items off the bed and rip apart everything he owned, but instead, she watched as they laid there.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Draco spat behind her.

"You heard McGonagall, you have to move out tonight."

"We need to talk - just let me explain."

"You are done explaining, I get to talk now," Madelyn shouted, "I have no idea when you sent a message to the Ministry but you laid next to me every night, holding me. You told me how happy you were - you made me believe I had something. You lied. Not one word was spoken to me and you acted as though it wasn't happening - as if you had no idea."

"I only sent the letter a few days ago," Draco tried to reassure.

"Did you have any idea you were sending the bloody thing before?" Madelyn asked, already knowing the answer. 

His face gave away his answer, "exactly, Draco." She began shoving his clothes into his trunk. 

"I didn't know his plan would work. Madelyn, you have to understand."

"I understand completely, Draco. We are over. You don't believe what we have is your future or something you want. I am rather thrilled it was said now," Madelyn shouted as she continued her task.

Draco's items were removed from the room while Madelyn watched from the end of the bed like a fly on the wall, seemingly unnoticed.

It was bare. All her items remained but it was bare. It was just her things and her things only - she was alone.