~ chapter 23 ~

Breakfast was similar to dinner the night prior in terms of the loudness and excitement in the air. The topics were not far off from the night before leaving Madelyn in a similar position. 

After, Madelyn, Draco, and Theo were rushed upstairs to get ready to greet the guests who still had yet to arrive. They changed into, what the Malfoy's considered, casual wear which was a royal blue thigh lengthed, covered shoulder dress for Madelyn, a black suit for Draco, and charcoal grey dress pants and a white button-up for Theo. They would change into their night outfits a few hours later before the party commenced. 

There were nearly thirty more guests to arrive but some were not planning to stay the night. 

Blaise arrived with the Hawthorne family which received a grand welcome from the boys. Madelyn wasn't surprised the Hawthorne family seemed as stuck up as Jack but his mother gave very generous greetings to each individual who stood at the door. 

Daphne arrived with the Parkinson family who were far more pleasant than the Hawthorne's. Theo didn't dare hold back any excitement as he embraced Daphne immediately, spun her around, and whispered how happy he was to see her. Once Daphne got to Madelyn, she gave almost a big enough hug as Theo's but nothing would outdo the excitement Theo felt. 

"I've missed you," Madelyn whispered while in the hug.

"I can promise I've missed you more," Daphne whispered back before pulling away.

Fay was the only one who was not going to be arriving since her family no longer associated themselves with the Malfoy's.

The last guests to arrive were Madelyn's parents, Christopher and Gemma, who walked through the door arrogantly, head held high like the house was their own. Christopher stood tall with his black button-up tucked into his grey trousers. His complexion was lighter than Madelyn's but his hair color was similar to hers. His hair was thick and pushed back with slight curls throughout. He could be considered a very handsome gentleman and from his confidence, he knew it. 

Christopher's hand darted directly to Lucius's.

"Just as I remember you, Lucius. Good to see you," Christopher greeted, firmly grasping Lucius's hand and keeping eye contact with the man. 

"Christopher, good to see you," Lucius responded with a devious smirk but it didn't seem to faze Christopher as he shot back the same look.

"And, Narcissa, lovely as ever," Christopher cheered, giving her hand a peck of his lips. "I'm unsure if you remember but - Gemma come here, darling." Christopher introduced his wife to Lucius and Narcissa. 

Lucius was able to keep his smirk raised as he watched a woman who ruined a family line walk up to shake his and Narcissa's hands.

Gemma wore a long sleeve white blouse tucked into a navy blue pencil skirt with heels making her the same height as Christopher. Her hair was chocolate brown and fell just above her bellybutton, curled. Her arrogance didn't come off nearly as well as her husband's.

"Nice to see you both," Gemma spoke, "Madelyn, dear, wonderful to see you!" Gemma took Madelyn into an embrace and pulled back to look her up and down. "I'm a bit surprised to see you wearing a dress," Gemma chuckled then adjusted Madelyn's dress sleeve. "Should have worn a gold necklace rather than a silver one with this."

"Nice to see you too, mother," Madelyn smiled, forcing herself to not allow an eye roll out, "and you too, dad."

"Madelyn, lovely to see you. Are you going to introduce us?" he asked, arrogance still present in his voice. 

"This is Draco Malfoy. Draco, this is my mum and dad."

"Nice to finally meet you, Draco," Christopher said, firmly shaking Draco's hand.