~ chapter 6 ~

The group reached McGonagal's classroom which had many more chairs than usual to fit all the couples. Madelyn sat at another table since couldn't sit with her friends since the tables only sat four. It was uncomfortable for her to be at a marriage class before her soon to be husband. Every time that word crossed her mind, she cringed.

Malfoy finally entered the room laughing with Blaise and Pansy and all sat at the table that Madelyn was at. Malfoy's arm slid across the table and nudged Madelyn's arm making her jump. They both jolted their arms away.

"Um, sorry," Madelyn let out. 

"No reason to be sorry," Malfoy said blankly, while Blaise and Pansy kept on with their conversation. 

"Good afternoon students, I hope your first day of classes is going good so far," McGonagall announced, making the classroom hush. "As you know, this is marriage class. The professors came together and thought this would be a good way for you to get to know your partner and learn how to make your marriage work under these circumstances." Madelyn cringed at the thought of being in a marriage to Malfoy while Malfoy scoffed as McGonagall kept explaining the class. "We gave you all a week of no classes, in the hopes that you would've gotten to know one another before this class since there might be uncomfortable topics brought up." Madelyn was well aware that the past week was a waste since she knew nothing more about Malfoy then than the first night. "For today, I want you to learn three things about your partner that you have not talked about already and the rest of class can be used however you please," McGonagall announced and then sat at her desk. Everyone turned to face their partners and began the conversations. Madelyn followed the class and turned to face Malfoy and he followed hesitantly. His blank expression made it difficult for Madelyn to even try and have a conversation with him. 

"I guess...I'll start," Madelyn said with a little bit of attitude. "Well, one of my favorite things to do is read outside. I am an only child and my favorite class is potions." There were a few moments of silence that made her turn back to the table and look down at the wood tracings. She hated introductions where she had to say facts about herself. What are you even supposed to say, she thought to herself. Malfoy groaned and looked up to Madelyn.

"I'm an only child, I am a pureblood, and I hate this class" He said quickly. Madelyn looked over her shoulder at him with loath. "But, you knew that already," He spat, turning back to face the table.

"Are you joking?" Madelyn called out as she turned to face him. "That is what you give me? I mean you can not be serious," He flipped around to face her. 

"What exactly do you want me to say?" He said back as the anger rose inside of him. 

"Anything other than what you just said," She was nearly yelling now. "You just told me three things that anyone in this entire fucking school would know." He now had a foul look on his face as he thought of all the things he could say back to her. Before he could, Madelyn flipped back to the table and said, "Whatever, Malfoy." She was exhausted. She knew her life was going to be shitty forever and she just had to come to terms with it. 

They both watched as the room filled with happiness and laughter. All the couples were learning new things about each other as Malfoy sat quietly with his anger and Madelyn sat quietly with exhaustion. McGonagall came around the room, walking past each table and listening in on each conversation. As she reached their table, Madelyn fidgeted to try and stop what was about to be said while Malfoy continued to listen to Blaise and Pansy's conversation.

"Why aren't you two talking?" McGonagall said, pointing at both Madelyn and Malfoy. Malfoy never stopped what he was doing, leaving Madelyn to talk.

"We already said our facts, professor," Madelyn said, with a vague smile on her face, hiding the actual pain she felt. 

"I see. Will the both of you join me after class?" McGonagall asked. Madelyn hesitantly nodded while Malfoy shrugged, still listening to Pansy and Blaise. McGonagall nodded and walked back to the front of the classroom.