~ chapter 7 ~

Madelyn put on a pair of ripped jeans and a black sweatshirt. She wanted to wear something casual since she was unsure of what to expect. She brushed through what was left of her curls and wiped the mascara smear that formed under her eyes from having it on all day. She huffed at the mirror and walked out of the bathroom to find Malfoy waiting on the bed for her.

"I'm ready," she said hesitantly. She felt uncomfortable hanging out with Slytherins but her future husband was one, so she was going to have to get used to it eventually. He got off the bed and walked out of the room without saying a word. Madelyn just assumed she was supposed to follow. He opened the front door, letting her out first then following. He led her down the hall to Blaise's room. 

She could hear the music and laughter from outside the door and as he opened the door, the two couples in there stopped what they were doing. Jack Hawthorne, a Slytherin pureblood, ran over to Malfoy and gave him the traditional boy handshake, making Malfoy chuckle. Jack, has about the same height and complexion as Malfoy, but with dark brown hair. Madelyn always found him attractive, but he was just as much of an arrogant git as Malfoy. Jack got paired with Fay Dunbar, who was a pureblood Gryffindor. She and Madelyn used to be friends in the third year but ended up going their separate ways for reasons Madelyn couldn't remember. Then Blaise ran over and did the same, while Pansy whispered something to Fay, making them both laugh. Madelyn felt anxious standing in the doorway and even debated just leaving. 

"Come in, Jones. I know you want to," Blaise said, still laughing at something Jack said. Madelyn walked in and shut the door behind him. She hesitantly turned around and followed everyone to the couch. The only spot that was left was next to Malfoy.

"Sit down, Jones," Blaise said, as he stopped the conversation he was having. Malfoy looked up to her and then down to the spot as if to indicate for her to sit. He could see how uncomfortable she was but didn't know how to make it better and didn't really care to.

"Alright, break out the Firewhisky!" Jack yelled, making everyone cheer except for Madelyn. She was unsure how to act with a group that didn't enjoy her company. Blaise walked back over with the bottle and glasses. He poured the liquid into the six glasses and passed them down. Malfoy handed Madelyn hers and she jumped at the chill of his hands. She gave a vague smile as she grabbed the glass, holding it with both hands, watching the liquid swirl.

"One, Two, Three," Jack shouted, and everyone drank the liquid. Everyone except Malfoy and Jack groaned at the taste. Madelyn shook herself as if it were to help the liquid get down easier. 

"Hope this helps Pansy's bitchiness," Blaise said, nudging Jack. 

"Hey!" Pansy yelled, making the group laugh. 

The liquid started to make Madelyn feel loose and less worried about the group's opinion of her. She bobbed her head lightly to the music that was playing in the background. 

"So what's with bringing, Jones," Jack said, chuckling to Malfoy. 

"Our bitch of a professor wants us to actually try," Malfoy said, leaning back on the couch. Madelyn looked over to Malfoy but couldn't care enough about what he was saying. During many of the conversations between the boys, Pansy and Fay were whispering back and forth, periodically looking over at Madelyn. 

On the other side of Malfoy sat Pansy, then next to her, on a side chair, was Fay. Then Blaise sat in another side chair in front of the fireplace, which also was in front of the couch. Lastly, Jack sat in a side chair that was in front of Madelyn and Malfoy. 

"Let's do another one!" Fay shouted to the group. Everyone laughed, including Madelyn this time. Blaise began to pour them.

"Don't fill mine all the way this time," Pansy yelled towards Blaise.