~ chapter 9 ~

Potions was similar to the day before. Professor Slughorn talked once again about the simple potion. Malfoy sat with his head rested on his hand, while letting his other hand flip through pages of the book. Malfoy liked learning about the advanced potions and having a challenge, and not about the simple ones. Madelyn was just curious and loved to learn anything, which made her invested in the class. 

Everyone began to pack up when the class came to an end. 

"This class was a waste of my fucking time," Malfoy groaned as he shoved his book into his bag.

"Why?" Pansy asked as she did the same.

"Are you serious? We just learned about a potion we learned three years ago," Malfoy spat. "This is supposed to be advance potions." Malfoy got up as his friends did the same. Madelyn hated how arrogant he was. Madelyn shook her head slightly but soon stopped as she saw her friends walk out the door. 

"Hermione!" Madelyn shouted then hurried over to them. Malfoy watched as Madelyn walked out without him. 

"I'm sorry about last night," Madelyn told her friends as they talked outside the classroom. 

"It's alright," Hermione said as she smiled at Madelyn. "Where were you?" Madelyn laughed to herself at what she was about to say because she never thought she would ever make that statement in her lifetime.

"I was hanging out with Malfoy and his friends."

"Bloody hell," Ron shouted making the group laugh. "How was it?"

"I don't even know how to explain it. They are all just so entitled and it was just so strange to be in a room with people who are so different than me," Madelyn chuckled and they laughed along with her. Even though they were all so entitled, Madelyn kind of liked the unpredictability of the group. She never knew what was going to be said, which was very different from her friend group, but she wasn't going to tell them that.

"What did you guys even do?" Harry asked.

"We drank so that was the only thing that got me through it," Madelyn smirked.

"Well do you want to hangout tonight instead?" Hermione asked. 

"Yes, please. I miss hanging out with you guys." 

--------------------------

Madelyn went back to her suite after all of her classes, and Malfoy joined. Madelyn changed into a pair of jeans and a baggy grey tee-shirt that said 'Gryffindor' on it, with the front tucked into her jeans. She wanted to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go read her book near the lake. As she was getting ready to leave, she saw Malfoy at the table flipping through the newspaper again. Madelyn cleared her throat, making him put it down and look at her. 

"I'm going to walk down to the lake to read my book," she said softly, still not used to telling someone where she was going. Malfoy nodded at her statement then looked back at the paper. Madelyn remembered all the times that he invited her so she felt pressured to do that same. "Do you want to come?" Malfoy looked up from the paper, surprised but also concerned. He never heard her ask him to do anything before. 

"Sure," he said blankly. He got up from the table and walked to the room. Madelyn was shocked at his response. She just assumed he had better things to do than walk down to the lake with his roommate. Madelyn sat on the edge of the couch, reading a couple of pages of her book as she waited but it didn't take long. Malfoy then walked out in his charcoal grey dress pants, white button-up top, and a brown belt. This was part of his normal attire under his robes, but it was shocking for Madelyn to not see him change into a suit. She assumed that he knew it would be a little too formal for a walk down to the lake.