Chapter 20

2 weeks later

Angelique's POVTonight was our first real date night since Elias was born because we both been to attached but we finally decided to let my mama keep him for the night

Angelique's POV
Tonight was our first real date night since Elias was born because we both been to attached but we finally decided to let my mama keep him for the night. I said "Dallas we needa bring him."

He said "yeah yeah."

I had Lias in my arms in a little blue sweatsuit and my baby looked so adorable. He looked so cute. Dallas took him out my arms and I got his bag together. I put 2 freezer bags full of breast milk, a can of cereal. As well as, 3 baby bottles and some little puff snacks. Once I grabbed that I put 4 outfits in there and a bunch of diapers. I brought his bag down and Dallas said "baby baby baby."

I said "yes?"

He said "come here real quick."

I went downstairs and Dallas said "Li say dada."

Lias looked at him and Dallas tickled him a little and he laughed before saying "da dada."

I started crying. Dallas started laughing and came over to me hugging me, he said "cut it out."

I said "lemme see my baby."

I took Lias from him and sat down putting him on my lap. I said "Lias, you was suppose to say mama first. Remember? We talked about this Lias."

He laughed and cheesed bouncing on my lap. I said "you lucky I can't be mad at you because I love you so much."

I kissed on his face and then said "you ready babe?"

We left and when we got back to the house Dallas said "get ready babe."

I went and showered before doing my hair and makeup and putting on the outfit above. Once I was dressed I went downstairs and Dallas was ready sitting on the couch. He said "you ready beautiful?"

I nodded. He came over to me and began kissing on me. I said "you look good babe."

He smiled and kissed my lips. I said "come on, where we going?"

He said "what you wanna eat mama?"

I said "I want some pasta."

He said "mhm I wonder why."

I looked at him funny. I said "why you say that?"

He said "my daughter must be coming sooner than you thought."

I said "who said that?"

He said "want me to prove it to you?"

I said "how you gon do that?"

He pulled a pregnancy test out of his back pocket and gave it to me. I said "Dallas what in the fuck?"

He said "take it ma."

I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom. I took the pregnancy test and then sat there mad. He came in and said "fix your face."

I said "no."

He came over and kissed my lips. 5 minutes later he grabbed the test. He said "what I thought."

I said "so I got snatched again for nothing?"

He said " girl cut it out."

I said "yeah yeah. Can we get pasta now?"

He laughed at me and said "come on. I love you."

I smiled and said "I love you too."

We left and got food at this Italian restaurant. He said "Angelique?"

I said "yes babe,"

He said "I love you so much ma."

I kissed his lips and then I heard a loud gunshot. I sat in shock for a second as I felt pain pierce to my right shoulder and another spot that I couldn't identify. I felt Dallas pull me to the ground and start bussing back at whoever shot. I cried as I thought about my baby. I said "Dallas fuck it hurts."

He finally looked down and said "shit Angel, you're bleeding.."

I looked down and saw blood coming from my stomach. I started crying and screaming "no, no, no our baby Dallas!"

He got me up as fast as possible and rushed to the hospital. I was crying until I finally passed out. When I woke up I was in a hospital gown and Dallas was next to me with his head on the bed holding hand. I said "D."

He said "Angel."

His eyes had tears in them and i held back mine and said "baby what happened."

He said "are you in pain babe? Want me to get the doctor?"

I said "Dallas are my kids ok?"

He said "yes don't stress yaself babe."

I started crying and he said "stop babe, we got this handled. I promise you Angel, I promise."

I said "Dallas what the fuck happened."

He said "they handled babe. I thought the problem was taken care of before but trust me it is now."

I said "where's my son."

He said "our son, Angel. Don't do that."

I said "please just bring me my baby Dallas."

I started crying and he kissed my forehead. He said "I'll be back babe. I love you."

I sighed and said "I love you too."

He came back 20 minutes later with his car seat. I held him in my one arm and kissed his face. I said "oh mommy loves you baby."

I started crying as I held him. Dallas said "stop crying Angelique, we good babe."

I groaned as I felt pain in my shoulder. My doctor came in and we began talking. She said "Ms. Moore."

I said "yes?"

She said "I just wanted to let you know, we've waited and gave you the option of taking pain medication. If we do you will no longer be able to breastfeed. However, you are able if just on antibiotics."

I wiped my tears as she said that. I said "I don't need the pain medication, is my other baby ok? Was it affected at all?"

She said "no, luckily you are still in the early stages of pregnancy, the shot didn't cause any damage at all to the baby. It was a through and through shot that luckily didn't hit any major organs. You will have to wear that sling for a little while." I nodded. "I'll get you out of here as soon as possible."

I said "thank you doc."