7

Ouch.

Devyn's neck now not only had a scar caused by the father, but bruises, caused by the son aswell.

Her fingertips delicately tracing the overlapped color of purple.

Abbreviated stages of pain now caused from totally different causes, yet ironically similar people. Although, they did seem to share one key fact.

To inflict pain.

Now that she finally saw the injury for what it was she took her time to now analyze the exact reason why.

Why the mark was present in the first place.

But, she placed herself on the edge of death, the edge of overdose.

A now the aching reminder that she was pulled out by the one person she thought capable to hate.

She broke out of hazed sleep. The joilt a person ceased to get when they feel as if they're falling. Her cold sweat body peers to be woken.

Timidly, her feet pace across the sun warmed floor.

Edged runny mascara falling marks beneath her eyes. Result of last night's *unexpected swim*. One she never ever planned to take, yet it saved her God damn life.

The horrid part of all, she liked it.

The adrenaline rush. The eccentric buzz that raced between each split nerve. Everything. But the fatal flaw was - who caused it.

A person who she thought to not even have a decent human soul. She didn't owe him any thank you, no gracious comment. Him out of everyone, did not deserved the last word of gratification.

Her now feeling empty body lead her way down the stairs. She found herself annoyed. Because just by the noise of any small happiness, any laughter, frankly pissed her off.

She made this quite obvious, slamming the front door shut, having the stern look of a chronic resting bitch face. She played the part well.

Just a turn of the corner and she'd be stepping to her first class.

Alternatively, if she took the longer route there, she wouldn't have to deal with talking to whatever professor in spite of being *too early to class*.

But the one thing she wanted to preferably avoid would be there. The entrance from the boys dormitory of Gryffindor.

She stood still for the flash of a second, debating which way to take.

In all good decisions, she sacrificed her lecture in place of walking down the other hall.

She took the longer route.

Beserkley her eyes searched everytime a door flung open, just waiting to be met with Ron and Harry. But, maybe if she walked fast enough that wouldn't happen.

For half a moment she thought she was cleared. No boys in sight.

So she continues. Walks her way down to the entrance of the the classroom. Estimated 6 steps and she'd be in the closed doorway.

"Dev". Harry calls to her, walking to catch her.

5 steps.

She picks her pace up.

4 steps

"Devyn.." He repeats. Picking up his speed.

3 steps.

She's running.

2 steps.

He's running.

1 step.