24

"We have to go check on everyone Theo-" Devyn contemplated while her eyes gazed the roof and the black created smoke.

Why did the smoke look so, so irregular. And yet the pattern looked so specific and clean.

Theo looked to her, "Can you shut up for two seconds and let me think-" he rubbed hands together while looking overly frustrated.

Devyn backed down defenseless, as she crept closer to the broken window of the house.

Theo's head finally looked up to meet eye contact with her's,"Look we have two damn options- run, or go in."

"RUN? are u bloody insane?" Devyn advocated back.

"No."

"Yes- you are- we're not running, It's my duty to fucking protect you guys, I'm not running"

"Fine, then we go in." Theo stepped infront of Devyn.

Theo's hand breached the cold metal doorknob, his hand didn't have to click the entrance, or mutter the password. The piece of wood simply flew open on it's own.

"Well fuck" Theo whispered, as he grabbed Devyn's hand in his for caution.

Devyn didn't even put up a fence when he did this action. She needed the reassurance that she wasn't alone.

She followed suit behind Theo.

"Shit-" He mumbled as broken glass was crunched beneath the heels of his shoes.

Devyn looked upon the room. The lights flickered on as soon as they stepped foot in the house. Broken glass shards, and pieces were covering the wooden floor. The pictures were ripped, only on their faces.

Disturbing messages painted on the walls of house, horrifying faces were drawn in replacement of the pictures.

One more step in and a loud noise was made.

Ear piercing music blasted through the record player that sat at the side of the room.

"Fucking hell-" Dev jumped at the odd music. Theo squeezed her hand tightly.

Her head turned to the record player, a muggle song blared the speakers and began to smoothly play out.

"Put your head on my shoulder" The man on the speaker sung.

"I'm scared Theo" She whispered to him, no need to hide her terror or even her acts of vulnerability.

"Where'd that Gryffindor courage go?" He smiled back, trying his best efforts to comfort her.

She was just so close to making her remark back, but was nearly interrupted.

"So it is a Gryffindor Girl?" A man appeared from the corner, he looked different. His scars were shaped in spirals, just like the ones painted in the smoke.

He was obviously part of that certain terror group in the forest, yet he wasn't with them earlier.

"Now-" The mysterious man spoke again, "- You have caused us some trouble, young lady"

"What's your name pretty?" He questioned, he stepped out with his wand in one hand, a marble cane in the other.

Theo out of instinct, merged his body infront of Dev's. Covering her with himself.

"Ah and you must be a little ole death eater?" The man laughed at Theo's chivalry.

Theo didn't even answer, just continued his guarding. Never breaking eye contact with the man.