17

Devyn found her way to her common room easily, she wasn't inordinately drunk. She actually didn't have much to drink. Not as much as she knew Pansy had.

Tonight she was the designated sober friend to those who needed her. Also known as Pansy, and probably Ginny.

Devyn creaked her wooden dorm door open. The angle lit the room up lightly. The space surprisingly was pitch black.

Her hand went blindly in, feeling the light switch. Her fingertips clicked on.

No light.

Devyn panicked slightly. Strange how the emergency lights of the hallways stood perfect, yet her personal room one, stayed dark.

She flipped the control repeatedly. Hoping for some form of electricity. On off. On off. On off. The clicking noise was getting quite pestering.

"What the fuck-

She sighed, cursed lightly, and steadily, dragged her wand out. Mumbling out a simple spell.

"Lumos"

The tip of wooden wand expelled a wondrous light. The air dangled in it's brightest as strands of light wisped to the corner.

Something held space there, placed at the edge of the room.

Devyn looked frantically at the glowing, magical object. It shimmered and almost drew her attention right on the spot.

A Golden Goblet. Shimmering, in the spell cast glow.

Gently walking over she looked to it. Observing before examining, for safety reassurance. She bent down to it, inching her feet lightly.

Her eyes narrowed, trying to read whatever fine writing appeared to be. Awfully, she couldn't read it. And maybe an instinct, but her hands reached to grab it. Hold it closer to peruse.

But instead of staying in the one spot she held in her room, her eyes flashed. Screens of white and Black, quilling off one another. Within the small amount of five seconds, she changed locations.

Devyn stood barefoot and cold, still in her top thigh covering dress. Currently holding her shoes in one hand, wand in the other. Her fingers whipped to uncover her face from the strands of windblown hair.

Taking a moment, she analyzed. Discovering what the object was. Infact, the goblet of mystery was a damn portkey.

She stumbled slightly, the teleportation happens to take short minutes to recover. Slightly hazardous in this unfamiliar place. All she perceived was trees, dark trees, a river streaming loud, and a small but far distanced house.

Now, in all good faith she'd like to think this was a sick joke by Ron, or Theo. But something told her otherwise. The best of the best option was to walk.

Walk wherever light was showing, and the only place that shined obvious, was the house.

She sighed audibly.

"Going for a walk Dev-" She whispered to herself, the only person she could really talk to.

Slowly, she maneuvered her way around, chipping trees, hitting grass that felt burned to a charr, and mostly having to walk through a fucking river.

Her patience was dimming through every obstacle she had to pass through.

Having to drag her tired feet through woods and forest, especially at night wasn't her favorite activity. She actually hated nature, and bugs, anything of that sort.

She thought to herself, this could be a dream, but a very very specific dream, or a test maybe. A test would make sense, how much can she handle before she quits.