26

Devyn couldn't even look at Blaise. God she wasn't even capable of keeping her eyes open for the bare minimum.

She was exhausted, tired of running, hiding, but the worst was that her days and nights were flipped.

The sunlight beamed within the windows of the cold cellar, the only sign that there was more than these stupid cages.

Devyn found herself finally let herself fall asleep, yet the time of day was roughly 8am. Meaning she stayed poisonously awake at night, and fell to slumber through daytime.

Infact, everyone was drifting. There was no noise except loud tumbling above them. The upper level that none of them had been through, no one other then Harry and Ginny.

In limelight, there was a moment Devyn and Draco shared. Her head resting peacefully on top of his. Even in the most uncomfortable position, they still found it easy to shut their heavy weighted eyelids.

Not all of the kids were just as lucky as Draco and Devyn though. On the other side, Pansy was more then disgusted. Her body was laying limp on it's side, as far as possible away from Blaise's cage. Only her silent whimpers were relevant. And Blaise, well he wasn't even sleeping. He was sitting straight up, head in hands.

Lukas was fading in and out of sleep, laying with his back to the rest, in his single bodied cage.

None of them even knew who Lukas was, or why he was relevant to them. Perhaps they would find out later. The boy still puzzled them though.

But in the split second of the roughly counted hour of sleep they got, all the students were brutally awaken.

"Rise and Shine sleepy heads!" Lanet stormed in.

Just with the stomp of his gold encrusted cane, the lights of the room flickered on.

Only groans and mumbled were heard.

"Frost-" Draco nudged his hand to her body.

Her sleep hazed figure refused to wake up, or even move.

"Wake up." His voice went soft, but grew in worry.

"Mhm" Devyn mumbled, as if she didn't know where she was.

But Draco didn't answer her small remark, maybe in his right mind he wanted to let her sleep. In all terrible costs, it would lead to a guard waking her up. Which would be even worse.

"Miss Devy!-" A man shook the cage harshly.

In fear, Devyn's head shot up, her body impaled with stiffness. She gasped lightly. Her eyes still adjusting to the bright light produced from the room.

"Ahhh there she is-" The man smiled to her, through the gritted bars of the cage.

"Now-" Lanet clapped his dry hands together, "Let's continue our...festivities!" His head looked in several directions of where the cages stood.

As if he was looking for the next lamb to slaughter. Analyzing every single detail a person could hold.

"Her." He spoke with anger. And even though there was simply no need to be enraged, because after all, these men held all the power. He still spoke with authority.

Devyn knew there was no way to get out. No way to say no; she didn't want her memories shared, her regrets, her trauma. She was terrified, she had no control which of what the others would see projected on the screen.

There were many categories the small beads could choose from.

For Draco, they chose Trauma, and Blaise, well his was his deepest darkest regret.