11

Devyn ran till her body couldn't cease to go any faster.

Sprinting to find the one boy it mattered most to-

Ron Weasley.

He was probably off to tell Harry, Ginny, whoever else her impact made to.

But in reality he wasn't.

He slightly sat against the pieces of the bridge that fell between Hogwarts and pine tree filled fields.

As Dev ran, she searched between every empty hallway, not caring whether she obviously skipped her next few classes.

Her friendship with the boy matter more, although she already destroyed the wrecks of it.

From kissing the devil, to fixing the remains of broken friendship, her day was clearly one of the worst.

Finally, within the peak of dawn she found the lone boy. A spitting image of potential sadness. Ginger hair ruffled within brisk wind, and eyes gleaming throughout the trees.

"Ron.." She spoke softly.

The boy kept quiet.

"Please-

"-Why" He said. Tone with edge.

"I-i don't know it happened-

"You don't know?" his body finally turned to face the guilty girl.

"Look. It just happened okay?" Her voice turned with defense. The only mechanism she could pull.

"You know who he is right?"

"What- yes of course I do- It was in the moment I do know how-

"His father killed Hermione!"

"I know! I know!- but it happened I can't -

"You let it happen."

"It was a mistake. Please Ron."

No forgiveness was in the air. That was a tall tale sign for her.

"You have to understand- " She begged with everything she had.

"I don't have to do anything." He snapped. His body moving fast to chip her shoulder as he brisked away.

She ran once again, catching his arm as he made his way out.

"Don't be like this."

He stopped within his tracks. Turned his head to show a small facial expression.

"Don't kiss Malfoy." He stopped

"Just i'm sorry- Please."

His tense shoulders gave ease, relaxed at the statement she made.

She pleaded within every mistake she made that day, or whatever he had to witness.

Devyn took this as a good sign, maybe the tension was washed away.

Ron gave out a sigh. He was one to hold grudges, but never did he hold one to her. But, this time could differ, given the circumstances.

His body never turned back around, just stood frozen like a deer in headlights for a quick few seconds.

Just hopefully he understood.

Finally, he took strides to walk away. Leaving a prying Devyn alone on the bridge of destruction. After trying her best to take back whatever she did.