Chapter 11: Solitary

I didn't realize how bad solitary confinement was. I didn't expect for such simplicity to drive me slightly insane.

The cube-like, white walled cell was so boring and simple that I wanted to rip someone's throat out, literally. The cell only had two things in it, a rickety old bed and a metal toilet.

Even though the cell itself was pretty insane inducing, that wasn't the only thing. Most of my fellow prisoners in solitary were bat-shit crazy. It was hard to find peace in here. Screams from down the halls echoed off the walls and into my room, making me want to rip out my hair.

Nights are the worst. It's hard falling asleep whenever you hear the insane cackle of someone down the hall. It makes you want to scream out at them, but I refrain myself because that's what they want. They want attention; they crave it.

There wasn't much of a view either. The only thing I could look out of was a small barred window on the door. It would have been nice, if only Cry wasn't in the cell across from me. Even though the windows were tiny, I could see Cry fully. He didn't have his mask on, considering only I could see him, so I had a full view of his bitch face.

Every time I barely glanced at him, he was staring at me, hatred steaming off him. It was pretty amusing though, having ultimate staring contests with him. It seemed to make him angrier, which I throughly enjoyed.

The prison was pretty lenient on somethings though. They allowed prisoners to visit people in solitary confinement, but there was a strict time limit. You only thirty minutes to converse with your fellow inmate, which seemed like a long time but wasn't.

Being in solitary made me realize how I took the shitty prison life I have for granted.

Over the small duration I've been in here, two days, both Evan and Marcel had visited me. It was pretty normal seeing Evan, and I cherished every moment with him, but talking to Marcel was slightly awkward. I never really conversed with the guy, but he was nice nonetheless.

Over all, solitary is shit, and I'd stray away from it if I could. Sadly, I'd gotten myself in this situation. There's nothing I could do to get out of this fuck-up besides wait.

As of right now, I'm having an intense stare off with Cry. Like I said, it was amusing and right now was no different. I'd grown accustom to flipping him off and doing silly hand gestures at him. The gestures don't go unnoticed, and his face gets even angrier. It's surprised me that simple hand gestures could affect him so much.

In mid-middle finger, a guard appeared behind the door, blocking out Cry. My eyes widened, and I quickly put down my finger. The guard noticed the finger, and with his eyebrows raised, opened the door.

"You're free to go kid," he informed in a gruff voice. He was probably tired of all these insane prisoners.

With a huge smirk on my face, I waltzed out of the cell. The guard led the way to the exit, but I managed to provoke Cry one last time.

"See you later, big boy," I cackled, flipping him off. He shook his head at my stupidity. The guard, on the other hand, demanded that I shut up and slapped the back of my head. I flinched away from him, Cry's laughs filling the atmosphere.

On the way out, I passed by Felix, who didn't seem as angry as Cry did. He looked at me with no emotion. He wasn't angry or sad that he was there in that cell, just passive.

After the guard escorted me to the courtyard of the prison, I made a beeline to my cell. I missed the slightly comfier bed and I missed the peacefulness.

On the way there, I'd ran into both guards and prisoners. Some gave me knowing pitiful looks and others grumbled in irritation.

I ran so fast that I actually pasted my cell at first. I had to back track a couple of feet to full see the inside of my cell. Sighing in content, I plopped down on my bed.

I sat there for hours, effectively missing lunch, but I really didn't care. I'd go to dinner and indulge in the shitty prison food that was ten times better than the prison load they served at solitary.

As I sat in silence, I began to think. The fight between Cry, Felix and I. There's enough information against the fact that they beat me up because I'm new, so it had me utterly confused as to why the fought me.

There had to be other people, Cry and Felix just happened to be their puppets. Reminiscing on my first few days, I remembered that they sat with three other people. An Asian, a overly happy guy and a man with a fabulous beard adorned the table they sat at.

I couldn't help but wonder whether or not one of those, if not all of them, were in with the whole 'Let's-Beat-Up-Jonathan' plan.

It made me curious, that's for sure. It made me want to know everything about his other friends. The only way to obtain all this information is from Felix and Cry themselves. So, the one thing I could do is sit and wait for them to get out of solitary.

Once they do, I'll need to trap them in a lone corner and get them to spill the beans. After all, I know all about their 'deepest, darkest secret'. It shouldn't be too hard, but then again, this is a damn prison.
_________________
A.N.~ Sorry for not updating as fast as I did yesterday, I went and saw the hobbit today! I also want to say that I am still in school so I won't be able to update as often during the week! Hope you enjoy :) sorry if it's short :(