𝓣𝔀𝓸 ~ 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮

~

y/n=your name

~

*Evans*

You arrive at the platform, overjoyed to start a new year and reunite with Hermione. As the train comes to a complete stop at the station, you jump out of your seat with a wide smile and hurry into the corridor of the train, following the line of students out of the train and onto the platform. As you take a step out of the doorway, you breathe in the cold air of the atmosphere around you as you hear the giggles and laughs of others around you. You're home.

You walk with Cedric to the carriages that are pulled by nothing. You plop onto the seat, grinning at Cedric. The carriage starts to increase in speed but before it could get too far, it jolts to a complete stop. You and Cedric look at each other in confusion but then hear the crunching of leaves as someone runs up to the carriage with their hand waving in the air. Malfoy.

"Fancy seeing you two here," he pants, his words laced with sarcasm.

"Mhm," you reply, rolling your eyes.

He plops into the seat beside Cedric, across from you. You look at Malfoy, aggravated by his presence. He ruined the whole carriage ride. You look into the forest, examining how the sunlight escapes onto the forest floor at any space between leaves. The breeze sends shivers up your spine but the warm sunlight compensates for the coolness of the wind.

During the ride, your eyes keep drifting over to Malfoy and whenever they do, he is one step ahead and is already staring at you with a smirk. What the fuck is he looking at?

"Do you need something?" You question, irritated and confused.

No answer.

"Hello? No? No answer?"

He just smirks at you, looking you up and down.

This catches Cedric's attention and he looks at Malfoy, almost offended.

"Malfoy what the fuck do you need?" He demands rudely.

Draco's eyes peel off of you, and his focus drifts over to Cedric, frowning.

"None of your business Diggory." He spat.

"Don't mess with me Malfoy-"

"Or what? Your gonna hurt me?"

"Will you two quit it? It's not that big a deal," You break the tension between the two. rolling your eyes.

Why was Cedric being so...protective?

~

Arriving at the castle, your gaze moves upward as you stare in awe as if you're looking at it for the first time. You look ahead of you and the carriages in front of you are coming to a halt at the front of the castle. You see a small hand waving in the air. Hermione?

You smile as you approach her and before the carriage could come to a complete stop, you jump off and run up to her with wide arms and wrap them around her neck and pull her in for a tight hug.

"Hermione oh my god I missed you," you say happily as she wraps her hands around your waist.

Draco scoffs and walks by you and Hermione, bumping his shoulder into you. What the fuck is his problem?

"Watch where you're going Malfoy," spat Cedric.

Malfoy doesn't even bother to turn around, just flips us off. Cedric sighs and then looks over to Hermione, pulling her in for a hug. He wraps his arms around both of your shoulders, him in the middle as he walks you to your commons.

~

You walk into the Slytherin common room and the first person you see is Malfoy. You cringe and walk up the stairs to your room to freshen up. As you take a few steps,  you feel a cold hand grab your wrist. He pulls you back, close enough so his ear just glides over your ear. You feel a warm breath on your neck. You can't help but feel butterflies in your stomach. Who is that?

"This will be my year y/n just wait," you notice who it is by the voice. 

It's Draco.

 You smirk and look to your side so your lips are within inches of each other and whisper, "We'll see about that." 

You yank your arm away from his grasp and walk into your room, still not looking down at him. You don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Walking to your room, you can't help but think about how he grabbed your wrist. How his warm breath blew against your ear and sent shivers down your spine. How you felt butterflies in your stomach. You quickly snap back into reality. What the fuck y/n? He's vile and stubborn... no. 

You reach your dorm and close your door behind you. A soon as you do, there is a loud banging coming from your door. I swear if that's Malfoy...

You open the door a crack and peek out and groan in disgust. Pansy.

"What do you want Pansy?" You ask, gripping the door ready to slam it in her face. 

"I just wanted to remind you that you need to keep your filthy little mudblood hands off my man okay?" She screeched.

" Uhm what? Your man? So you and Malfoy are dating now?" 

"We will soon...just you wait..."

You roll your eyes, not believing a word she said, and slam the door shut behind her as she leaves. You plop onto your bed, grabbing the clean, soft sheets from your freshly made bed. You unload your trunks and sink into your thoughts. 

How will this year go?

Is Pansy really going to date Malfoy?

Malfoy wouldn't be capable of love...I'm sure of it.

What does Pansy even see in Malfoy? 

Does Malfoy fancy Parkinson?

Why am I overthinking this for no reason?

Your unusual thoughts are interrupted by the time. It's almost ready for dinner. You quickly unpack the last of your belongings and get ready to go to the great hall.

~

Please interact! I work very hard on these chapters:)

I hope you enjoyed this :)

Constructive criticism is always appreciated<3