𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 ~ 𝑀𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝑀𝑒

~

y/n= your name

Hello loves, this is a lengthy chapter so sit tight<3

Also, PLEASE make sure to read the a/n at the end<3

~

*Evans*

Thoughts of regret and confusion flooded your mind as Cedric stood above you in the dimly lit corridor as the swarm of students passed by, chattering about their own troubles and gossip.

What am I supposed to say?

"Cedric I- I can't choose," you admit, stuttering.

He rubs his forehead with his hand in frustration, looking down at you, pain in his eyes.

"I'm done with this bullshit,"

"What bullshit?"

"You need to choose. Me, or Malfoy?"

You look down, ashamed of your inability to make a seemingly simple decision.

"Ceddy, c'mon-" he cuts you off.

"Don't call me Ceddy,"

He looks into your eyes, as his beautiful silver eyes shine down at you as they fill with tears, yet none of them meeting the surface.

"I've had feelings for you since year one Evans," he clenches his jaw, attempting to keep his emotions hidden, but you could see straight through the shield he put up.

Of course, this wasn't a surprise. He made it extremely obvious. You just chose to ignore it.

"Listen, Cedric, I can't choose. I don't want to ruin our friendship, but I feel like it will be either way,"

"You don't get to play with my emotions, y/n,"

He clenches his sharp jawline, as he breaks eye contact, looking anywhere else but into your eyes. You hurt him. Seeing him hurt, hurt you.

"Cedric, I'm sorry,"

"It's fine Evans. I guess we'll just have to go back to how it was before. Friendship,"

But how could you go back to normal after all this? It seemed merely impossible.

"But Ceddy- Cedric," you correct yourself, "we can't just go back to normal-" he cuts you off again.

"I know y/n," he takes a deep breath, looking you deep in the eyes, this time, his eyes were filled with even more pain, "but we have to try. As much as I hate to admit it, I need you in my life,"

You never expected you meant that much to Cedric. You always thought you were his childhood crush he never got over.

You stay silent, unable to compose the words to say, that would make up for your actions.

A sigh escapes Diggorys lips, as he runs his fingers through his hair in frustration. He looks around at the busy corridor, and without warning, walks off to transfigurations.

You look back at him, wanting to run after him, as another attempt to regain the bond that was now hanging by a thread. You didn't want to lose him but you couldn't help but think that whichever decision you make, you could lose him and the friendship you once had.

As soon as you turn around, Cedric is nowhere to be seen as he blended in with the rest of the crowd.

There's no way I'm going to class to sit beside Cedric.

You decide to head back to your dorm and skip your classes for the rest of the day. As you walk through the crowd of people, you hear mentions of the Yule Ball. You decide to ignore it, as your head is spinning with thoughts.