13

zayn
whatever gloria told me, she was right. cara was fragile and was afraid of getting even more hurt so she'd try her best just to protect herself.
i understood everything now, it made sense but at the same time it didn't.
she didn't deserve that pain, toxicity and trauma.

cara is one of the sweetest and funniest people i've ever met, she lights up the room whenever she walks in and her laugh is so addictive. i didn't want her to feel afraid or that she couldn't do something, i liked the cara that i was spending my days with.
"z, i'm sorry for making you cancel the rest of your day. this was probably really stupid."
she said from her side of the table, sipping at her tea and looking down.
"don't apologize cara, i like being with you. i can always reschedule."

she smiled, looking back down at her menu.
there it is.
i looked over at her, smiling as she locked eyes with me and i hid myself behind the menu.
then taking it away from my face, sticking my tongue out and she giggled.

•••

i paid for breakfast, well i insisted but i just wanted cara to be happy. we walked around the hotel, going on different floors.
stopping and going around to the perks, knocking on a few doors and running away.
"we should go to the pool!" she said.
"if you want to, we can."
she nodded, excitedly doing a little jump and down.

her hand interlocked with mine when we got into another elevator that was bringing us to our floor.
"i'll knock on your door when i'm ready."
i waved and walked into my room, immediately changing into some swim trunks and grabbed an extra towel. i sat down on the couch, waiting for cara to knock.
i checked my phone for bit, the annoying headlines came to my attention zayn and model cara wess in a potential romance?

new! cara wess and zayn out on a cute date in paris, click to see photos

zayn in awe of cara wess at tom ford fashion show

the list goes on and on, everyone was just catching on to cara and i but we were just enjoying our time with each other. speaking of cara, i heard three soft knocks at the door.
i walked out of my room, cara was wearing a cover up over her bathing suit.
"hi." i said, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"hi!" she interlocked her hand in mine.
"this is okay with you?" i asked, she was about to nod her head but then remembered what i told her.
"yes." cara glanced over at me.
we walked to the elevator and i pressed the button of the floor that had the pool, this pool was outdoor so we made sure to bring our sunglasses.

we got to the pool and thankfully there were no people there, hoping that i'd get a moment alone with cara. i put my things down on a chair and jumped into the pool, cara sat down and dipped her toes into the water.
"c'mon, don't be like that." i said, splashing a little water at her.
"stop, z. it's cold." she shook her head, i immediately stopped because i am not the type to continue something after being told to stop.

"i'm going to drag you in here if you aren't going in, you said you wanted to go to the pool." i crossed my arms, getting out of the pool and walking towards her.
"it's not what i-"
i picked her up and jumped into the pool with her in my arms, her body was clung to mine.
"zayn malik!" she yelled as her head came up from the water.
"what did i do?"
our faces were just inches apart, i just stood there staring at her as she wiped her eyes. our bodies clung onto each other's, she had turned her head and her soft lips brushed over mine. she was surprised and pulled back, muttering a small sorry.

"see, you're in the pool now." i said softly, she was flustered and didn't want to speak to me because of how our lips brushed against each other's. she rested her head in the crook of my neck as i walked around the pool, occasionally she'd look up at me or say a few words.
"i like being with you." she muttered.
"i do too, but you've mentioned that before."
"because i mean it, like i really do enjoy being around you."
her small hands played with my hair and she laughed, putting it in a itty bitty ponytail. we detached from each other, getting out from the pool.

i dried myself off with a towel and set it on top of the chair, laying on top of it. cara took a seat next to me and did the same, she took her disposable camera out throwing up a peace sign as i was covering my eyes from the sun.
"you just seem to capture every little moment."
"i just don't want to lose the memory, if i forget what happened on this trip also your baby ponytail is just everything."she gushed, tracing the tattoos on my chest.

i took her hand that was running on my chest and interlocked it with my own.
"cara, i have your permission?"
"to do what?" she asked, kind of catching on to what i was saying.
a small little yes, left her lips as mine were approaching hers. she leaned over a bit so that she was closer, and jumped as our lips touched again but this time they were dancing to each other's movements.
cara smiled into the kiss, making me smile and it was sweet but surreal moment. she pecked my lips a couple more times before she had completely pulled away, laying back down and wrapping her arms around me.

i couldn't help but smile, smile so big i looked like an idiot. you know the feeling where you've dreamt of something for so long and then when you finally get it it's so much better than imagined.