14

cara
whew, the butterflies were exploding in my stomach. kissing zayn felt like magic had just touched my lips and all the bad feelings went away, i liked it. i was back in my hotel room getting ready for what he had planned for the rest of the day, he was laying on my bed just waiting for me to finish.
i didn't know where we were going, he told me it was a surprise but i wanted to know so bad where we were going.

i finished curling my hair and slipped on a mini dress, finishing off with a spritz of perfume. i walked back into the room and zayn smirked as our eyes landed on each other's.
"ready to go?" he asked, i nodded and wrapped my arm in the one he stuck out to me. we walked all the way down to the parking garage and got into his rental car, he made sure i was comfortable and safe.

•••

"just a couple minutes longer, then i promise we're there." he said, grabbing my hand and giving it a light squeeze. i squeezed it back harder, he squeezed back again just a tad harder.
"ow!" i fake-cried.
"oh my god, i'm so sorry." he said with eyes still on the road, bringing my hand up to his lips and placing multiple kisses on the back off it.
i thought he was going to make a joke or something but this was much sweeter, i was in awe.

"it was fake, you didn't hurt me." i said.
"but if i did, i'm sorry." he smiled, placing another kiss on my hand before putting it back down on the mid-console.
he parked the car and there was this big building, we got out of the car and he took my hand in his.he handed me a pass that read, the louvre. there's no way, i never thought i'd be coming here.
the lines were always long and i hated long lines, i guess zayn did too because we had just walked in, hand in hand.

zayn
there were so many different places to go to, but the museum was huge and we had the rest of the day to ourselves. i let cara lead the way taking an abrupt stop as she had looked up at the ceiling in awe, it was breathtaking but i thought she was more beautiful than the paintings on the ceilings and walls.
she blushed, noticing i was looking at her instead of the actual art and shook her head.
cara grabbed my hand as we walked down a long corridor filled with painted canvas on the walls, she took in appreciation for each one.

"this place is amazing." her eyes lit up, looking at the endless untouched paintings.
"i took the most amazing girl to an amazing place." i said, twirling her around to face me.
she hid her face with her hands, "we're in public."

"i don't care." i shrugged, wrapping my arms around her as she turned back the other way resuming walking down the corridor.
"this is okay with you right?"
"yes." she muttered, wrapping her arms around mine.
we probably looked like one of those annoying couples, but i didn't care.
we weren't even a couple.
i smiled, in order to hold in my laughter.

•••

a couple hours later, it was now night and we ended up in the pyramid part of the museum. cara brought in her disposable, sneakily taking photos of some paintings she loved.
we took a picture on her disposable by the inverted pyramid, i kissed her cheek for the photo as her face scrunched up.
"i never want to leave." she cooed, putting the disposable camera in my pocket.
"do you want to go now? we've been here for a while, c." i asked.
"we can, my feet are absolutely tired."

i turned over, "hop on my back."
"you're not serious." her giggle was the trigger to my smile, i motioned her over to me and she followed suit.
we laughed as we walked through the museum trying to find the exit, earning looks from a few people. cara hadn't stopped laughing, holding on tight to me as i had found the exit.
once i walked through the door i put her down and she had laughed even harder, "i loved that."

she pecked my cheek really but my hands found her waist, staring down at her lips i had leaned down then realizing we were in public.
i looked up making eye contact with a few cameras taking pictures of our very interrupted moment.
"go, go!" she yelled, we ran out of sight never letting go of each other's hands. i unlocked the car as we continued to run, i was running so fast i didn't know if i could stop running.
i had slowed down, we both got into the car.

seeing the familiar arm go up with a disposable in her hand, we both flipped off the camera.
"running away from the paps is so thrilling."
"remember we stood in that room filled of small sculptures and we were in each other's arms, do you remember what you said?" she turned to me, smiling and biting her lip a bit.

the brown room, i looked up at the ceiling and let out a sigh of happiness. it was beautiful, the paintings on the ceiling contrasted with the white sculptures and the color of the walls.
i wrapped my arms around cara, and she held my arms. we stood in one place for a while, sometimes rocking back and forth.
"i just fucking love it here so much."
"i just want to get fucked here so much."
she muttered, slamming her hand over her mouth. i burst out into laughter as she faced me shaking her head, "thats not what i meant! i was supposed to say-"

"i heard you very clear, darling." her cheeks flushed red, i pressed a kiss on her cheeks.
"i was talking about how i loved it here but it came out very wrong." she was so embarrassed about what she had said, hiding her face in her hands.

"it wasn't funny." she rolled her eyes.
"it really was, i was enjoying the art and you just-" i couldn't contain my laughter as she hit my chest.

-