24

cara
"it fits, i just don't like these little fringe parts by my waist." i told the designer as i looked in the mirror, niall and harry waiting by the door.
it's only been a day since zayn left for edinburgh and i'm already bored.
"what are you getting fitted for?" niall furrowed his brows.

i looked in the mirror at the designer outfit, which was meant for a show i'm going to walk in. it also happened to be louis' and hopefully zayn will be there so i can have some sort of sanity. i always get anxious when i'm chosen to walk because i'm afraid i'll trip and fall on my face.

"what do you think, miss?" she asked, pulling away from me.

"i'm going to walk in a fashion show." i smiled, both gentlemen held out their hands to walk me down to the other side of the dressing room with more mirrors. i admired my figure in the bright and colorful costume, it fit perfect like a glove.

niall and harry were murmuring from behind me. i furrowed my eyebrows, looking at niall through the mirror.
"something about it, isn't clicking for me." he replied.

i looked at harry, he nodded.
i turned around facing the both of them, unsure of what to say.
"although it's quite beautiful, cara." harry broke the silence.

"this is just a fitting so it's okay if you don't like it. i just think some parts need to be changed, like the train is a bit too long." i said.
"is it lunch yet?" niall whined, harry and i started to chuckle.

-
"i prefer fries over mashed potatoes." harry yelled back at niall.

"mashed potatoes are so comforting! my mum makes them best." niall crossed his arms.
"cara, you break the vote." harry rolled his eyes.

i laughed, pretending to think my answer through.
"french fries. no questions, without a doubt."
harry high fived me and starting teasing niall, cheering.

harry threw a fry at niall, making us burst out in laughter. niall takes his food very seriously and loves to pick fights over it sometimes.
"so, erm, you and zayn?" harry scratched his forehead.

"oh, we're just trying to keep it a little lowkey for now but we'll see once he starts picking up more shoots and having to go out more often. same goes for me." twiddling my thumbs, getting a little nervous talking about him.

"so like long distance when you guys are working?" niall asked and i nodded, i heard my name being called and i had to get some alterations.

i left my food on the table, going back to the fitting rooms. i threw on what they handed me and it looked absolutely stunning. it was a silky navy dress, with a slit and had a small design on the top. i walked out of the fitting to bring the guys over and get their opinion, both having the same reaction i had to the dress.

"wow. just wow." niall let out.
i looked to harry for his opinion and he was just fixated on the dress, not a word came out of his mouth. i looked at myself in the mirror and the dress complimented me so perfectly.

"this is your finale dress, mr. tomlinson had it custom made for you." the stylist chimed in.

once i finished with all the looks, i had the boys drive me back home. it wasn't that long of a drive and i was hoping to finally see zayn after a long day out.

they were pulling up to his driveway and saying their goodbyes, i kissed them both on the cheek and made my way inside. i called his name out, seeing if he was home.

"i'm upstairs." he called back.

i scurried up the stairs, eager to see him. he was reading a book on the bed, smiling as i entered the room. i put his book down and went in for a kiss.

"hi beautiful." he spoke into my lips, making me gush. everything he does is so effortless and i'd still be head over heels in love.
"did you miss me?" i smiled as he pulled away from the kiss.

"of course i did, but i have bad news." once i heard those words, it felt like my heart sunk to my stomach and i was afraid of what he was going to say.

"we can't be seen in public together anymore, your publicist called me." he sighed.

"i didn't get a call? why would she call you and not me." i was getting frustrated and angry, this wasn't fair. i know getting into a relationship is a risk to my career but i didn't think she'd go behind my back and tell him first. zayn helps my career, he's the one that takes the photos and helps me relax. he's helped me with shots that gained a lot of popularity.

"so, how is this going to work?" zayn asked.

"i guess, we will just not be seen together in public. everything between us now, has to be kept a secret." i sighed, not knowing what we're going to do.