21

cara
"this one is my favorite." i smiled, handing him the one of us on the eiffel tower.
"i love this one." he wrapped his arms around me, holding up the picture of me from when he had taken my picture at the hotel. i was smiling trying to cover my face in the photo, i picked up another one of us at dinner.

"i didn't know we took this many photos." he cooed, kissing my cheek.
it made my cheeks heat up, i loved that i was back where we were again. i felt like i was dreaming, he gave me this warm feeling.
"look at this one, z." it was a photo of him, that he took.

i think he took it when i wasn't looking but he had a peace sign up and stuck his tongue out.
"look." he pulled out his phone and there was a photo of me, sitting front row in the audience of the fashion show he had me attend.
"you looked so beautiful that day, but you look beautiful everyday." i shook my head, adjusting my spot in front of him so i was laying in between his legs.

"i never got to thank you for that whole paris experience."
"you don't have to, you made mine perfect." he gushed, i smiled at him.
"can you show me the number of the unknown number?"

he handed me his phone and i typed it into mine, nialls contact was the one that came up.
"i know who's been texting you." i said lowly, starting to see stars at how angry i was.
i pressed on his home button and a picture of us was his home screen, i looked at the screen in awe.

"relax, i've got you back now and that's all i want to worry about." he cooed.
"z, we have some traitors on my back."
i picked up his phone and pressed call, dialing niall's number. it was picked up but not by niall.
"malik, what a surprise."
"cut the shit liam." i spat.
"wha- baby? what are you doing?"
"i'm not your baby, who do you think you are thinking you can threaten zayn with the paps and think i'm just some property of yours!" i roared.

"bab- cara, i-i love you!"
"i think you got the words love and obsessed mixed up but i don't ever want to see you again. don't even bother." i spat, hanging up the phone.

zayn looked surprised, but i was too.
"wow." he said, softly rubbing my arm.
"i know," i turned to face him and cupped his face in my hands. "why did you do that? you just told me to go."
"i couldn't see all the articles and crazy paps trying to ask you what happened. i didn't want you to get hurt from all of that, but i know i probably hurt you more." he sighed.
i let go of him and wrapped my arms around him, feeling the need to hug him. i nuzzled my face into his neck, placing small kisses on his jaw.

"i love you." he said, muffled by my hair.
"i-i love you too, i do. i just didn't know if i was capable of saying it." i rambled.
he hugged me even tighter, not wanting to let go of me.
"say it again." i told him.
"i love you, cara wess." he said a bit louder, smiling down at me.

"get the fuck off of her!" i heard a roar, i got up.
"no, get the fuck out of my house liam! you set me up. you set him up! i hate you!" i hit his chest over and over, tears brimmed my eyes.
"hate me? i was protecting you!"
"i needed protection away from you." i cried out, trying to hit him as hard as i could.

niall and harry were standing by the door, i shook my head.
"and you guys! i thought you were my friends, not some low life douchebags who-"
i felt a strike against my cheek, it was from liam.

"did you just lay a hand on her?" zayn snarled, tackling liam in front of me.
i held my cheek as harry came over to me, niall tried to separate the guys brawling behind us.
"i didn't know he'd-" i held my hand up stopping harry from speaking anymore, he didn't have to justify or apologize for something liam did.

zayn walked over to me with a cut on his eyebrow and engulfed me in his arms, making sure i wasn't hurt any further. niall and harry took liam out of my house, zayn examined my cheek.
"i hope that son of a bitch didn't hurt you or el-"
"i'm okay, see." i said, pressing my lips against his.

"let's get this cut cleaned up." i pulled away, leading him to the bathroom in my bedroom.
i pulled out the first aid kit, i sat on the counter and soaked a cotton ball in alcohol. i placed it on his cut and he winced, pulling away. i shook my head, putting back in its place. after i cleaned the area, i put a bandaid over the cut.
"you look so cute when you're all focused on me," his hands were resting on my waist. "i can do this right?"
"yes, but are you okay?"

"i should be asking you that, can i see?"
i hummed as he examined the red spot on my cheek, slightly touching it to make sure he wasn't hurting me.
"it should go away in a few hours." he kissed my cheek. i giggled, kissing the bandaid over his eyebrow.