twenty two

JUNE 7, 1991. SEATTLE, WASHINGTON.

DAVE IS FINALLY home today from LA, the boys finished up recording and now the record is just getting mastered and it should be ready for release around September. Evie drives out to Seattle to see Dave within the hour that he is back in his apartment. Spending around a month apart from each other is not Evie's favourite thing in the world, she's missed him a lot and can't wait to see him to hear every detail about their sessions and time in California.

Evie pushes open the door to the apartment, calling out Dave's name.

"Hey!" Dave says, walking out from his room down the hall and practically running to pull Evie into his arms and give her a kiss hello.

"Hi," Evie hums into Dave's neck where her face gently rests while they hold each other.

They stand in each other's arms swaying side to side for quite some time, not wanting to let go. Evie takes this moment to take in Dave's familiar boyish, clean scent and run her fingers through the length of his hair, something she didn't realise she'd miss so much.

Sadly, Dave is only home for a couple of days until he's out on tour again until the 20th of June through the US and Mexico. On this tour, the Nirvana boys are playing some shows with Dinosaur. Jr along with other supports that vary between each city. She's making sure to savour their time together as much as possible since there's going to be a lot of time spent apart over the next few months between Dave on tour and Evie working in Olympia and being in New York.

"I've missed you more than I could have believed, and I was prepared to miss you a lot," Evie tells Dave, standing back for a moment to get a good look at him while letting her arms fall around his neck.

"You don't understand how much I wanted you to be there with us Evie, every day I just thought about how great it would've been if I had you there with me. Just to talk and hangout in between everything. It would be perfect," Dave explains, snaking his arms around her waist.

"I would've loved that," she agrees.

"God you're beautiful," Dave grins, smooshing her cheeks in his hand.

"Yeah, I'm sure I look real beautiful right now," Evie says with limited mouth movement due to the way Dave is holding her face.

He laughs, "You're always beautiful," he kisses her forehead.

"In the morning," he kisses her right cheek.

"When you're working," kiss on the left cheek.

"When you're telling a story," on the tip of her nose.

"And when you're looking me deep in the eyes like you are now," he pauses with the kisses, but Evie doesn't want to wait. She slowly closes the distance between them and presses her lips to his, creating gentle movement as she does so.

"Mm," Dave hums, lighting a familiar fire in her belly.

They move fervently against each other, both having missed the feeling and taste of the other person against their lips. In smooth steps, they move to the couch without parting for a moment. Dave sits and Evie moves into his lap, letting her knees part over his legs.

He pulls at the hem of her loose camisole, pulling it up over her head to reveal her white lace bra. The one she knows is Dave's favourite on her.

"Oh," he sighs, noticing the familiar patterns of the lace which he has come to adore on his girlfriend because of how hot she looks in it, however he believes Evie could make a loincloth look sexy. Next, Evie goes for his t-shirt, wasting no time to tear it off so she can have full view of his toned torso.

Dave holds her by the back of the head and pulls her close again so he can kiss her.

"Take your pants off," Evie instructs, moving off Dave's lap for a second so that he can pull down his shorts while she removes her own denim skirt, revealing her matching white lace bottoms.

Stripped down to their underwear, Dave grabs Evie by the back and shifts them so that she is laying down flat on the couch while he continues to move above her, kissing his way down her entire body.

"Sit up," he tells her so that he can move his fingers to unclasp her bra. She slips it from her arms and discards it to the floor in a pile with the rest of their clothes, laying down to get back to where they were.

"Just fuck me Dave," Evie moans as he kisses her neck, pulling at the waistband of his boxers.

"Whatever you want," he smiles, aiding her in pulling off his underwear before he moves to slide hers down her legs.

Left in their most vulnerable states now, Evie moves to take a hold of him in her hands as he lines himself up. Feeling him push into herself is still one of her favourite feelings in the world. It's like pure ecstasy, a high like no other.

With every thrust of his hips, Evie feels herself being pulled further and further away from reality, entering a perfect world where only she and Dave exist, intertwined with one another forever.

"Fuck," he moans as he moves against her before finding her lips again while maintaining his rhythm.

"Oh Dave, yes baby," she drawls, feeling herself approaching her high.

"Are you close?" Evie asks breathlessly.

"Yeah babe, you?" He breaths back, using a pet name which they never call each other except in moments like this.

"Yes," she sighs.

With a few final thrusts, Dave comes and Evie holds him close, not wanting to lose this feeling of him inside of her.

Dave reluctantly removes himself from Evie and falls into the space beside her on the couch where they lay, legs tangled still holding each other. Evie traces the ink of Dave's tattoos on his arms while they're wrapped around her. Their breathing falls into sync and the feeling that they're the only two people in the world still lingers.

Evie thinks about how perfect it would be if she moved out here and that it would be possible. In the past couple of months that Dave lived out here she navigated everything well, the nights spent in Seattle before heading home to work in the day. It really wasn't as hard as she once thought it would be.

She thinks back to the night of the Dinosaur Jr. gig in Seattle earlier in the year, when her and Dave stood outside on the street and talked about how Seattle is the dream. They're half way there, now Evie just has to come out with him.

"Come live with me," Dave says, apparently possessing the power to hear Evie's thoughts.

"Okay," she says plainly.

"What?" Dave asks sharply, sitting up in confusion to her response.

"I said, okay," she smiles.

"You'll come live here?" He asks again.

"I've been thinking about it. I think it would work, and I want to be with you more than anything," Evie explains.

"You're not kidding," he smiles.

"No, I'm not. I really want to. You know how much I love Seattle," she tells him.

"Okay look, you have the spare key already, move in anything you want to while I'm on tour," he states.

"Okay," she smiles at how pleased he is about this idea, not that she expected anything less.

"I thought I'd spend this whole year having to convince you," he sighs, laying back down and pulling Evie into his arms again.

"Just being here with you is all I need to convince me."