THE LAST BIG FIGHT

Note: Please read the story description, but don't let it discourage you. Sexy times guaranteed! 18+ ONLY! Read at your own risk!

Type lowered the soccer game on the television as a knock sounded on his front door. As he passed the nightstand by the door, he glanced at a picture of him and Tharn. He caressed the edge of the picture frame as he slipped by and gave a big sigh. 

He wasn't as young as he used to be. His body was still slim and lanky, but his hair was peppered with gray and his back was starting to hurt. All of those years helping patients as a physical therapist left him feeling tired and with a bad back. Yet, the biggest change was the loneliness. The empty gap next to the bed, the empty chair across the dinner table, the empty space next to him on the couch. 

There was no more Tharn dry blowing his hair or making him breakfast when he was too tired. Now it was just him in their small condo and an occasional knock on the door from a person connecting Type back to the outside world. 

Type opened the door and smiled big as soon as he saw who it was. 

"Kanya!" he exclaimed. 

"Sawdee kha," Kanya said. Her lips were pulled back in a smile and she stepped forward to hug her favorite uncle. She looked just like Thanya and Tharn. Big eyes, long hair, and a wonderfully wicked smile that was just like his husband's. 

"What brings you by?" Type asked as he motioned for her to come inside. He walked over to the kitchen a short distance away and Kanya followed behind him.

"Do you want some water or...I have sprite?" Type said hesitantly. Normally, he didn't talk about Tharn or anything related to him so his family sometimes walked on eggshells around him, but it wasn't because he didn't want to. Despite being older, some things never changed. Type still wasn't as mushy as Tharn had wanted him to be. He wouldn't cry in front of people even though he hurt every day. He wouldn't talk about Tharn or how much he loved him. But he knew and they knew and that was enough. 

"I'll have some water," Kanya was saying. "I came by just to see you. I haven't seen you since my college graduation." 

"We talk almost every week," Type said dryly while taking a seat. 

Kanya leaned forward on her elbows with a pout. "Does that mean you didn't miss me?"

Type slid the cup of water across the table with a roll of his eyes. Her big eyes shined and her smirk reminded him once again of Tharn. Type rubbed his chest subconsciously.  "How's work going at the hospital? Your boss okay?"

Kanya chuckled at Type's frowny expression  and allowed him to change the subject. The man's temper was legendary. If she insisted on making him admit he missed her, he might blow her head off. "Don't worry, everyone treats me well." Kanya's eyes sparkled as if with some big secret. 

Type smirked. "Oh yeah? Who in particular?" 

"Hahahaha, you know me too well. I met someone at work. He's a doctor in another department."

"Hmmm... what's his name?" 

"Ram."

Type nodded in approval. "Nice, strong name. Bring him over to meet me one of these days."

"Oh ho ho no no no no. You might scare him away," Kanya shook her head and her eyes widened in horror. 

Type smiled evilly. "That's the point. Thanya and your dad are too soft hearted. She probably only asked him his favorite color and what he did for work." 

Kanya looked away. "She hasn't met him yet. We've only been dating for a few months. Plus she told me not to date a doctor. A nurse dating a doctor is so cliched."