Chapter 8: Brawl Ball

Ignis was holding his notepad and had his hammer on his back, he was walking to the arena to register for a Brawl Ball match as Crow wanted his help to end his losing streak at the game mode.

Ignis wasn't far away as he was almost there but then he was approached by Jacky from behind.

Jacky: Hey there Ignis... Where'd ya been after we got drunk?

Ignis was worried that Jacky would freak out if he were to tell her he was with Colette yesterday. He began writing to Jacky and handled her a note.

"I was sleeping in the desert after the alcohol took effect on me"

Jacky then gave him a "Really?" look.

Jacky: Really or were you at Colette's house?

Ignis was shocked that she knew about his secret. He then stopped and turned to her and wrote another letter.

"Let's sit somewhere and we can talk"

Jacky: Alright then, but it better be a solid explanation otherwise I'll drill a *drill* hole on the ground and toss you in there.

The two then went to a rock and sat there.

Jacky: You got 60 seconds.

Ignis then began writing a letter to Jacky and it took exactly a minute to finish. He gave her the note and she began reading it.

"After I took you home and put you to bed, I was trying to go home but the alcohol effect took effect and knocked me out. Then I felt someone dragging me by my foot but didn't bother looking for who it was cause I was sleeping. I woke up at Colette's house and said that she was the one that dragged me here cause she didn't want me to fall asleep on the ground. And don't worry, she didn't do anything bad around me, she may be crazy as you claim but I saw her true colors and is a honest mortal with a sad backstory and I felt sympathy with her. Then I was found by Colt, Leon and Crow and they wanted to bring me back and so did it went good. Now I owe Crow a Brawl Ball match to tag along. No please don't extinguish me 🙏"

Jacky didn't want to believe this but she knew that Ignis is an honest individual and he would never lie to anyone, especially to her.

Jacky: Alright tin can, I believe ya! But I want something in return from ya.

Ignis then shrugged his shoulders.

Jacky: I want you and I to go on a date.

Ignis's flames turned a but red upon hearing that.

Jacky: What's the matter cat got your tongue, honey?

He began writing to Jacky.

Ignis: What time?

Jacky: Tomorrow at sunset, I don't expect a lot I just want it to be normal.

Ignis gave her a thumbs up but he soon then remembered that he had to go and tag with Crow at Brawl Ball. He began writing to Jacky in a fast paste and gave her the note and began running.

"Sorry, I wish we could talk more but I promised Crow that I would tag with him, see you tomorrow"

Jacky couldn't help but giggle as she watched Ignis run.

"Minutes later"

Crow was at the register booth with his arms crossed as he waited for Ignis. He then saw him running towards the bird.

Crow: Took ya long enough! Where have you been?

Ignis gave him a note.

"Was stopped by Jacky and had a small talk before coming here for you"