Sasuke x Dead!Reader

(A/n: I'm going to be honest with you, I was going through a lot while I was typing this and now that I'm reading it, it kinda made me feel emotional and I don't even know why, also I love this song.)

-----

Third person's  P.O.V.

"So?" Sasuke asked the woman standing in front of him, they where both at their favourite place, a cliff just a few minutes away from the village.

The couple loved this place, the view up the cliff was breathtaking, (Y/N) always says that being in this place made her feel she was on top of the world.

This was the place where they first met, where they had their first date, their first kiss, and now it is the place were Sasuke asked her to be his wife.

(Y/N) looked at the ring on the box that Sasuke was holding, "Sasuke you can't do this, you know how I feel about things like this. I'm not ready yet and I don't think I'll ever be... not when we're about to go to war." (Y/N) replied anxiously.

This wasn't the first time Sasuke asked (Y/N) to marry him. The first few times Sasuke asked (Y/N) to marry him were in a playful and joking way, he would pop the question out of the blue without a ring and in the end he always got the same answer, "No." But this time it was different, Sasuke was serious, he had a ring, he was down on one knee, and asked the love of his life, (Y/N), to marry him.

Sasuke grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and got up, "(Y/N), I asked you so many times to marry me but you never say yes. Am I doing something wrong?" Sasuke asked letting out a sigh a little disappointed.

He knew from the very beginning that getting (Y/N) to marry him was a going to be a challenge because from the very start of their relationship (Y/N) told him that she wasn't the type of woman that wanted to get married and start a family. Despite that reason, Sasuke was still very much in love with her and he hoped that maybe after being together for a very long time (Y/N) would eventually change her mind, but she didn't.

"Of course not Sasuke! I love you, I really do." (Y/N) said putting her hand on her cheek, "It's just that... we're shinobi Sasuke, every day of our lives we're facing death. We never really know when we're going to lose each other or if the other will ever comeback...I'm just scared that one day, I'll lose you too, like them... I don't want to go through that pain and suffering all over again." (Y/N) said.

Growing up from a family of shinobis, (Y/N) lost everybody, she lost both her parents when she was five, leaving her and her older brother. It was not long after her brother died in battle, making her an orphan at the age of eight.

The pain and suffering of losing the ones she loved scared her so much up to the point where she vowed to herself not get too attached to people because you never know when you might lose them.

Ever since (Y/N) became a full fledged shinobi she gave up on getting married and having children because she knew that any moment her life could also be taken away from her in a flash. She couldn't stand the thought that if she had children and she dies, they're going to end up as orphans and would feel pain and suffering just like her.

(Y/N) pushed everybody else that came close to her until she met Sasuke who stayed no matter how many times she pushed him away. What (Y/N) and Sasuke have was something she never expected.

When she finally realized that there was nothing she can do to stop what she's feeling for him, she told him from the very beginning that marriage and children will never be a part of their relationship and when Sasuke accepted that and it made her fall in love with him even more.

"I know (Y/N)." Sasuke said grabbing both (Y/N)'s hand and started playing with her fingers.

"I know that you're scared and I know that the idea of marriage and having a family scares you more than a person holding a kunai on your throat." Sasuke said making both of them let out a small laugh.