Soft Characters

One of the many things that exist in gacha is soft characters. As the name implies they are soft they take characters like William Afton and the animatronics  putting them in dresses, with the eyes  looking like that purple creature above.

The Soft William  Au doesn't is extremely weird because William is a serial killer around 50's-60's. Often  when he's shown to be soft Mrs Afton is abusive. represent William  as well as "Mrs Afton" is abusive, and Glitchtrap protects William because he can't defend or help himself in this AU.

Yes William is a fictional killer but that doesn't make it any better.
Can I ask you guys when was William ever extremely insecure, timid, and cannot defend himself in any way?

Or dressing like a femboy and needs Glitchtrap to defend him. Because  he can't defend himself from his abusive wife or even move out.

AI still question then how the heck did him and Mrs Afton get together if she treats him awfully... Or did Soft Wiliam when he was bullied in school or possibly made fun did "Glitchtrap" kill them? How did he even survive on his own without crying and having an emotional episode?
The only reason he seems to even yet exist is so he can be shipped to Glitchtrap and on occasions both Glitchtrap and Mrs Afton. 
The animontronics don't seem to really be present with Soft William around going to show that its only  the Afton family being changed.