William and Henry aren't the best parents

William was distant to both his sons seeming to rely on Michael to watch his younger brother while William was away for long periods of time. He also is quite manipulative, controlling, narcissistic,  and abusive.
His youngest son runs away from the house a lot and seems to lock himself in his own room or possibly
William locks him in there. 

Similar to Fourth Closet since he can't control his son's actions he has a fit in a half. Fourth Closet  his creations stopped obeying and proceeded to go after him causing him to rage. His relationship with Elizabeth was worse.   He often berates and belittles her in Fourth Closet.  No matter what she does she can't please him/ make him proud of her  like she wants to.  He constantly yells at her and has slapped her for trying to get her drawing that he basically stomped on.

When Elizabeth asked "Am I not enough?" William replied to her "No you are not."
He mostly was having her go after Charlotte and bringing her to him.  When Elizabeth was with Jessica she opened up and talked to her. Expressing her desire  to be Circus Baby to please her father and be accepted/and loved by him.

When she finally was able to confront Charlotte she  fricking exploded in rage.

Henry was a lot better but still he let his 2-3 old daughter run around and relied on a puppet doll to protect her.  Because he chose his work over her she ended up dying.

Though it would be interesting to see more about his family since it doesn't seem to be as toxic as the Aftons.