3~Core and a problem with Chara

Okay so before we start, I should probably specify that Y/n has a determination soul, but it is nowhere as strong as Chara's and later Frisk's. Their soul is too weak to come back after death, unless brought back by another source.

***

The Core, the next planned experiment. It would generate magic to the rest of the Underground as electricity of sorts. The plans had been approved by the king and queen, so now you were set to start building it. With your determination and the monster's magic combined, you were able to build it in a matter of days. 

You sat near a small pool of glowing cyan water in Waterfall, trying to figure out what was wrong with Chara. They had gotten quieter, as if something was always occupying their mind. They slept more often, and it was fairly obvious to you that something was wrong. Asriel had been in a particularly somber mood as well recently. There was definitely something going on, but what that could've been was a complete mystery to you. 

You were startled out of your thoughts when someone sat down next to you. You looked up, and it just so happened to be Sans. You had gotten particularly close over time, to the point where monsters would often mistake you two as dating, when in fact you were simply good friends [*cough cough* not for long *cough cough*]. 

"what's up?" He asked. It must've been easy to tell something was on your mind, since he was able to sense it almost immediately. Maybe it was more than that. Maybe, just maybe, he could tell not from any sort of facial expression or body language, but by a feeling in his soul whenever you were upset. 

"It's Chara, they're acting really strange and I'm just worried about them." You sighed. 

"i can promise you everything is going to be okay one way or another. i've dealt with a fair amount in the past but it worked out in the end." Sans replied. Something about his company made you feel so at ease, no matter what you might be going through. It was almost as if your souls were connected in some way...

Now we're going to Chara's part of the story because I tried to do a cliffhanger (did it work) so here we go~

Chara sat in their room as Asriel picked buttercup flowers in the garden. It seemed innocent enough from the outside, but innocently picking flowers could not be farther from the truth. Buttercups were extremely poisonous to humans, and Asriel was picking them for Chara's planned suicide. They were getting steadily sicker by the day, yet refusing to tell anyone what was happening or even say goodbye even though they knew they would be dying any day now. 

Everything about Chara was special, from their bright red eyes to their determined soul. They would later be seen as the first human, the fallen human. They would keep their determination right up until the moment they died. 

Y/n sat on the floor near the foot of Chara's bed, with tears in their eyes from the news that their sibling was fatally ill. No one but Asriel and Chara themselves knew this entire situation was planned so Asriel could see the surface. Chara said their goodbyes as their bright eyes faded and they took their final breaths. 

Asriel asked for a moment alone with Chara, everyone obliged and left the room. That was when he absorbed their soul and quickly walked out of the castle to the barrier. He had taken on a new appearance, much taller, with white horns, a dark purple cloak, and eyes glowing red like his beloved sibling's. 

The humans hated Asriel. They thought he had killed Chara, as he had brought their body with him to set them on a bed of golden flowers like the ones they fell to the Underground on. The humans attacked, without any signs of mercy. Asriel simply smiled warmly and walked away, trying with all his might to keep his body together. As soon as he made it across the barrier once again, he collapsed into dust...

***

This might be the longest chapter I've written so far ever