8~ Integrity

Integrity was the next unfortunate soul to fall. She loved music and dancing, so she used her style of dance, ballet, to defend herself in the Underground. She was seen by everyone as beautiful. She had long, golden brown hair tied up in a messy bun, shimmering dark brown eyes, and a typical ballet outfit, a dark ocean blue tank top, black dance shorts, and a pink tutu with matching shoes. Her name was Alex.

To everyone else, she was simply a beautiful girl who loved to dance. But to her cousin, she was a talented young girl who deserved all the attention she got. Her cousin had a tendency to belittle themself in order to make others around them look better. But putting that aside, they were extremely kind to everyone they met, and tried so hard to look cute to the world's eye. They loved to write, and even wore fake glasses because they thought it made them look cuter. 

Alex's cousin would be her inspiration to keep dancing, no matter what anyone said, since they always persevered, why couldn't she? Her cousin had made her promise them that she would stay strong and stay true to herself before she left for the mountain. At this point three humans had gone missing there, and it was safe to assume something dangerous lurked there. 

Small time skip~

Alex stayed in the ruins for longer than any of the other humans, as Toriel reminded her of her cousin. And after all, she had heard of the king having killed the other two humans, both of the past souls taken having being related to her cousin in some way. First their lover, then their brother, now their cousin, she realized. 

She walked through the ruins one last time before she would ask Toriel if she could leave. She decided to sing her cousin's favorite song, since they would sing it to her when she was scared or stressed. Truth be told, her cousin had a beautiful singing voice. They just refused to acknowledge it at risk of sounding self-centered. 

"I feel that walking has become another chore, I don't think I can go on walking anymore

Forgive me for those words, I know they're but a cliché to you, but life is tiring, my feet are feeling sore

 I wish that I could have a bit of time to heal the ache that's growing stronger all the time

But I know that time stops for nobody, let alone me, so I go inevitably 

Whenever things are going rather happily, it turns out life was just playing a trick on me

It's slightly shameful to admit the truth, I end up in tears, and so returns the same old melancholy

I miss when life was just simplicity, and misery wasn't always chasing after me

It's pretty obvious now I should've left my regret, but I held on to it so foolishly

Maybe I overreact a bit, it hasn't destroyed me yet, has it?

But everything I desire is just so too far to get

Honestly it's just me, brainlessly, so silly, always hoping for good to be

If that's the case then just hear my plea, pick me up and drop me into unfaltering sleep

You say to look hard for a solution, but wouldn't that depend on the person?

So I could never, no I could never, believe a word anyone says

I know that everyone has their hardships, it's fairly clear to me that I'm not alone

But how is it that they can just leave them, I just don't know at all..." She trailed off upon feeling herself shed a tear. She remembered a time when it was cold and rainy outside, and she had a nightmare. Alex has rushed to her cousin's room, since she was visiting her cousin in Oregon for a month, and woke them up. They sang her to sleep, with that song. [if you know that song then you're my new best friend] Alex lived in Texas, but her cousin and their brother lived in a different state, so for a month every summer, she would get shipped up to Oregon to spend time with her cousin. 

Another time skip~

Now was the time for Alex to show what she was really made of. Not in terms of defense or attack, but sheer willpower. Anyone would be scared as they were knowingly walking to their death, but she knew this had to be done. Alex knew she would have to die.

3 souls left.