19~ Family ending (pacifist part 2)

The Core, source of all magical energy. You couldn't help but feel uneasy when walking through considering your past experiences there. Alphys was on the phone the whole time to guide you, but you knew where to go, you had helped build it after all. It seemed your journey was almost over. 

After Mettaton fight~

"I'm sorry...you'll have to kill Asgore." Alphys said with a heavy sigh before walking away. 

"We should go back, say goodbye to everyone before we have to go again." You said. Frisk nodded and walked back through the Core with you, but when you reached the bridge leading to MTT resort, you got a call from Undyne. She said there was something she needed you to deliver. You agreed, but Frisk wanted to stay behind at the resort. They said they would be at the restaurant when you were ready to leave, so you bid them goodbye and got a ride from the riverperson. 

~

"I sent her home, very home. And I think you should go check on her." Papyrus said through the phone before hanging up. You sighed and once more got the riverperson to take you to Hotland. Upon getting to the lab, it was dark again. There was a slightly disturbing note on the floor next to a closed metal door. The door opened as soon as you approached it, leading way to an elevator. Everything was normal until the world around started flashing red and the elevator rapidly fell. 

You slowly got up, surprisingly with only a few scratches. The air was stale, as if it hadn't been circulated in years. It was slightly cold, just enough to make you shiver slightly. Your light footsteps echoed on the walls making it sound like there were people following you. For a split second, you thought you saw a person following you, but no one was there upon turning around. When you got to a more open room, dust was scattered about on the floor, flying around when you walked near it. This made it look as if there was fog covering the ground. The foreboding atmosphere made you all the more nervous, what if you didn't make it back? Frisk didn't even know where you were. 

Upon reading lab entries from screens on the walls of this strange lab, you could piece together a story, continued after your death. Then it finally hit you, you were in the true lab. This was where you did experiments, where you injected determination into a certain flower. What had happened to this place? It was once a bustling lab with a diverse staff. There was the royal scientist, his assistants, and various others. The people that worked there were so close, and now it was such an abandoned place. There were no signs of life anywhere, only the small patter of your footsteps. 

It was so strange to you, the way everything looked as if it had just been set down and abandoned to never be used or seen again. It was honestly scary. 

After you had calmed the amalgamates, you got in another elevator. It took you all the way to the castle, completely bypassing the Core. The doors were covered in vines, so how you could go back to get Frisk is unknown. There were no save points as well. There was something you had never noticed, however, you felt a weight on your neck, a golden locket with a heart pendant. Like the ones Chara and Asriel had. You opened it and saw a picture of you and your siblings, along with a small music box that played the same tune as the statue in Waterfall. The same song Asriel taught you. You felt tears well up in your eyes upon hearing it again. You closed the locket and walked onward. 

Hearing the whispered story of Chara and Asriel was nothing new to you, but this time, it made you wish you could see them again. Perhaps you could, once you figured out how to properly harness your determination. 

~

"What a miserable create, tutoring such an innocent youth." Toriel sighed as she stepped in front of you. 

"Mom!" You yelled, practically jumping into her arms. 

"At first, I thought I should let you make your journey alone, but I couldn't stop worrying about you. Your adventure must have been so dangerous, and ultimately would burden you with a horrible choice. To leave this place, you would have to take the life of another person." Toriel explained. 

They were all there for you, ready to keep you determined no matter what. 

"So this is the surface..." Sans said in awe of the sunset. Everything was perfect now, you had your fiancé, Frisk, and all the monsters you had befriended on your journey. 

Frisk would later on ask to stay with you and Sans, after the wedding of course. You finally had a family again, a husband, a child, and so many others who would take care of you no matter what happened in the future.