15~ Broken Endings

Whispers slowly woke you out of your sleep. You seemed to be laying on a bed of flowers, with light shining through somewhere. You slowly opened your eyes and sat up. 

"Y/n?" A low voice asked. You turned around to see Sans sitting near you, as if he was anxiously waiting for you to wake up. 

"Oh my god I'm so glad you're okay." Sans said softly with a giggle as he wiped what seemed to be tears from his eye sockets. With only a second's notice, you pulled him into a hug. 

"You know, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." You said shyly, letting go of the lazy yet unimaginably cute skeleton.

"I really like you, almost to the point where I could say 'I love you' but I don't know if you feel the same way..." You trailed off. 

"Would it be considered cheesy if I said I love you?" Sans replied with a joking tone. You shook your head and pulled him into a kiss. 

"Does that mean we're...?" He trailed off. You nodded and stood up, holding your hand out to Sans. He took it, smiling as he got up too. Frisk was sitting and talking with Chara, who had also been saved and brought back. 

It was time for everyone to be free. Frisk led the way out of the Underground with you, Chara, and all the monsters they had befriended trailing behind them. You all walked out into the sunset. The sky was absolutely beautiful, with the inky darkness and stars farthest away from the sun, fading into a light pink, with the sun setting right on the horizon. Everyone stood on the cliff, talking about how beautiful the sky was and discussing their plans for the future. Frisk agreed to be the ambassador for humans and monsters, also agreeing to stay with you, Chara, and Flowey as Toriel's children. She seemed to be overjoyed to have children to take care of again. 

You finally had your happy ending, but it just couldn't last. Something would get in the way, right? Something had to happen, especially with your half-determination. Frisk no longer had control of the timeline, since they willingly gave half their soul to you. Now Chara was in control of the timeline and everything in it. If they so desired, they could reset everything to when they fell to the Underground, they could kill everyone, or they could just leave the world to exist. 

It was scary knowing that at any second, the world could be reset and you could lose control entirely. One day, your fears would be realized. You would wake up on a bed of golden flowers like the ones you had first fallen on. The only difference was that Frisk was there, and Chara was nowhere to be found. 

***

Okay so next chapter, I'll be doing a choose your path type thing! Each path will be 2 parts, leading to a final ending for each run. Neutral, pacifist, and genocide. Some runs will have better endings than others so choose wisely, I'll be drafting neutral pt1 as soon as this is released since I have like half an hour until I usually go to bed. As of when this chapter will be released, either Wednesday or Saturday depending on how this week goes in terms of schoolwork and keeping up with my YouTube channel as well!