5~ Broken Determination

"No!" You yelled as you pushed Alphys out of the way.

"But Y/n you'll die if you go in there!" She screamed back at you.

"I'll be fine, this if for me and Gaster to handle now evacuate the area!" You yelled as you ran into the core. The core was melting down, you were fully aware that you could die, yet you went in anyways. What a hero. 

The ground beneath you quaked, signaling that it was about to give under your weight. You frantically ran towards the exit, but the ground cracked a foot ahead of you. You had no time to think before the very ground beneath you fell into the lava. You leaped forward and held on to the broken ground in front of you, barely dangling above the lava. You tried desperately to get up, but your hands slipped and you fell into the lava below

All you could see before the world went dark was a faded red soul in front of you shattering into a million pieces, as if it was made of glass...

~

You woke up in your bed at...the castle? Why were you there, when you last remembered...something happening to you at the core? You looked down at your shaking hands, they were completely monochromatic, all of you was. As if all the color had drained out of you at once, leaving nothing but an empty shell. Though any normal person would be terrified, this felt completely normal to you. Almost as if it had always been this way. In fact, you couldn't feel any strong emotions at all. They were all just faded suggestions of emotions. 

No one even seemed to notice your presence, let alone remember you existed at all as a matter of fact. You looked over at the small framed picture of you and your siblings, and you weren't in the picture at all. It used to be you, Chara, and Asriel standing in the foreground holding flowers, Toriel and Asgore holding hands in the background. Now Chara and Asriel were closer to the camera as if to fill the empty space where you had been. 

Oh my a time skip to a year later~

[Sans POV]

It's been a year since Y/n died, yet somehow I still wish this was simply a joke and they were still alive. But I know they're always going to be gone. I sighed, picking up the only remnants of their presence in this world at all, a picture of me and them on their first day at work. No one remembered them, no one even knew they existed. Papyrus would be too to remember them anyways, but I'm 18 now, and I can assure you I remember them. (Y/n was 17 when they died) I wish I could see them for at least one more day, at least to tell them I love them. But we all know that's not going to happen. The best I can do is use that pain to protect a human the lady behind the door said would be coming through tomorrow.