14~ Reunited

I kinda left the last chapter on a cliffhanger, so I'm here writing this 5 minutes later. I had to google a video of the pacifist ending just to make sure I got the lines right so this might take a while for me to write

***

"Wh-what did you do...?" Asriel asked as Chara pressed the save button.

"What's this feeling...? What's happening to me...?" Asriel asked again. Chara pressed the save button again. If it worked for everyone else, then it had to work for Asriel.

"No! NO! I DON'T NEED ANYONE!!" He yelled, attacking Chara. They lost some health, but disregarded that completely. This was more important, their determination would refuse to let them die now. 

Chara saved him again. This had to be working, his attacks were getting weaker. That or he didn't want to fight them, didn't want to hurt them.

"Stop it! Get away from me! Do you hear me?! I'll tear you apart!" He yelled, attacking once more. This time, his attack was not nearly as strong. 

"......Chara, do you know why I'm doing this?" Asriel asked, sighing and standing down.

"Why I keep fighting to keep you around?" He said. Chara stood there, holding a wound on their arm. Asriel refused to fight at this point, not wanting to hurt his close sibling.

"I'm doing this because you're special, Chara. You're the only one that understands me. You're the only one who's any fun to play with anymore. No...that's not just it. I...I...I'm doing this because I care about you, Chara. I care about you more than anybody else! I'm not ready for this to end. I'm not ready for you to leave. I'm not ready to say goodbye to someone like you again..." Asriel trailed off as Chara continued to save him, determination shining through even when they were hurt.

"So please...stop doing this...!" He yelled as Chara tried again and again to save him. 

"AND JUST LET ME WIN!" He screamed as he summoned a beam of light aimed directly at Chara's soul.

Even with 00.000000001HP, Chara still held on. They were still determined as ever to save their sibling. 

~

Asriel stood there, in the form Chara remembered him in. He was much smaller and more innocent looking. He wiped the tears from his eyes with the sleeve of his bright green sweater that matched the color of Chara's. [small side note this is where I stop directly quoting character's lines so it fits with what I'm trying to write]

"I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I hope one day, you can forgive me, Chara." Asriel said. Chara wasted no time in running up to their brother and hugging him. 

"Wait...isn't there something I promised?" Asriel asked. Chara nodded in response. Asriel then gathered all the power he had, the six human souls, and the souls of all the monsters in the Underground. 

*The barrier was broken

***

Sorry this chapter is so short, I'm super tired but I really wanted to finish this arch of the story! There is much more to come of this story, so stay tuned! I'll most likely be updating tomorrow as well.