11~ Determination

Okay so we're officially at the halfway point of this story, so thanks to everyone who's read this story so far! Don't worry, the romance will actually pick up again soon. If you couldn't tell, I'm not the best at writing x reader stories, but that's why I'm writing it! I hope I'm actually improving and not just painfully dragging people along for the ride XD

***

The 7th soul, determination, named Frisk. They fell to the Underground for one reason, to free the monsters. But their determination would awaken a remnant of Chara. But with Chara's awakening came yours as well. Sibling's souls are connected in such a way that this could happen. But with your soul being completely shattered, you could only exist as a ghost of yourself. Chara and Frisk were the only ones who could see and hear you, and even then they barely did. 

Chara would follow Frisk around, making jokes about things in their environment and commenting on how much everyone around has changed. Papyrus had grown up, now a late teen. Sans stayed mostly the same. Undyne got tougher. Alphys got more introverted and nervous after her failed experiment. 

But you could only watch from the sidelines, wishing you could be in this world again, wishing that you could just tell Sans you love him. You had loved him forever, but you just couldn't date him since well, y'know, you're dead. 

Frisk was saved by Toriel from a small flower monster, whom you didn't recognize. But even then, there was something in your mind that told you it was someone you used to know quite well.

"Asriel?" You asked. The flower seemed to barely hear you, and he looked around for the source of the whisper. Upon finding nothing that could have talked, he disappeared into the ground, leaving you to catch up with Frisk, who had moved on to the later sections of the ruins. 

Small time skip cuz I kinda don't know what to do for this chapter~ 

In the castle, a story was told to Frisk about Asriel and Chara. What struck you as odd was that you were completely omitted from the story, not mentioned once. 

"Aren't you excited? You're going to be free!" The last monster exclaimed. You could feel looming dread hanging over your heart as Frisk moved on. Either they would die and their soul be used to break the barrier, or they would kill Asgore and cross the barrier. 

You were torn between the two. Asgore was your adoptive father, you didn't want him to die. But you had grown attached to Frisk (platonically) and wanted them to live as well. 

After a long battle Asgore nearly collapsed from exhaustion, and was left for Frisk to either kill him or spare him. Without second thought, Frisk spared him.

"Human, I'm sorry. If you really want to live down here, we can be like...a family..." He trailed off as small white pellets surrounded him. Asgore took a single hit and crumbled into dust immediately. 

Skipping a little bit of the Flowey fight cuz I don't know how to write that~

Now the souls were on Frisk's side, fighting for them and healing them when needed. 

Flowey was defeated soon after, and was spared like all the other monsters. But he just couldn't understand why he should be spared, not after he killed everyone they were now friends with simply for his own entertainment. 

"I-I just don't get it..." He said before disappearing into the ground. 

Frisk left the Underground, but right after they left, the world rewound to right before they fought the king. No one except them and Chara seemed to notice. Perhaps their determination was stronger than you initially thought, perhaps even enough to bring you back...