16~ Neutral (part 1)

Sans remembered you, as if he had completely remembered before the world reset. You decided not to ask, but you, him and Frisk remembered the world before it got reset. Sans stayed with you all the way to the Core, holding your hand. Even though you had seen the Underground before, it scared you to know you weren't simply an incorporeal being anymore. 

Everyone was so nice, it made you never want to leave. But you and Frisk both knew it couldn't last. You had to face the king, either let him take your shared soul or kill him and absorb his soul to cross the barrier. One would have to die, and both of you knew that. 

~

A fight to the death, no mercy. The king had destroyed the mercy button, leaving you to only fight. You tried to talk, but to no avail. All this pain, this suffering, this fear, simply to force you back into the bleak reality you had experienced before you fell to the Underground. The surface was a world where you would be thought of as crazy or childish for believing in souls and magic. You couldn't lie to yourself, you would miss this place. 

You had to leave everyone, your friends, your boyfriend, everyone. You wished they could be free, but you didn't want to die. If only the world had stayed like how it had been before the world reset.

What if it was all a dream? What if none of this was even real? Magic isn't real, is it?  You thought as you looked down at your hands while you held your soul half. Something about your time in the Underground had such a reality to it, it couldn't be fake. While you were dead, however, everything had a dream-like quality. You had died fighting your dad, the king. Your determination was now separate from Frisk's, though still only being half a soul. If one of you died, the other could continue, though Frisk always waited for you. But now, they had to keep fighting. 

You ran into the next room where the fight raged on, sneaking around the king to attack when he wasn't ready. You ran past quickly and hit him with your frying pan that you had picked up in Hotland. The king kneeled before you and Frisk, injured. He offered to take care of the two of you, as if you could be a family. You accepted, shedding a tear remembering your past life. 

But right before he got up, white pellets surrounded him and attacked. The king turned to dust before your eyes as Flowey laughed manically...

***

Hullo! I got this chapter out early, since tomorrow is my grandpa's birthday and I won't be able to release it tomorrow. This chapter is a bit short by my standards, but I'll most likely have my neutral part 2 out by next week