Saltyshima the Dinosaur

"Hey (Y/N), guess what just came in stock today?"

"Onigiri?"

"Yeah there's egg, salmon, and tuna."

"Arigatō." She bowed her head and headed to the heated section of the store.

"Are you going to be at practice today? Having you around means less work for me."

"Don't you mean Kiyoko-Senpai?"

"No I meant me."

She grabbed the salmon filled one and brought it to the front. "I'm almost caught up with my work though there are some assignments I need to get done so probably not."

He took her money then gave her some change in return. "Mmm I get it. Grades are important. Don't forget you're welcomed anytime."

"Ok Ukai-San." She waved goodbye as she walked out the door, on her way to school.

It's now Friday and today's the day that Hinata takes his test.

I really hope that he does good. He's worked really hard these past couple of days and I know I've seen him improve.

But he still isn't all that good at English. Awe crap. Does he remember that in the English language they structure their words differently than in Japanese.

He should, I mean he did text me in like 4 in the morning asking me what a verb was.

The practice test I gave him mainly consisted of math with only a few questions about other subjects.

God why am I so nervous, I'm not even taking the test. It's probably because he got a 27 the first time.

You know what (Y/N), just calm down. Let's not assume that he's going to bomb it. Hinata is going to pass. Yes! That little ray of sunshine is going to pass.

"I'm gonna fail Kageyama! I'm gonna faailll!" Hinata yelled from a distance.

(Y/N) turned around and saw the tall dark haired boy trotting down a hill with the short orange haired kid by his side.

"I already told you to shut up. You're really starting to piss me off."

"I can't help but feel like failure." Hinata whined as he looked up and saw his new friend walking towards him.

He jogged to the girl and began shaking her rapidly. "Tell me I'm going to do good. I need some encouragement and milk boy isn't helping me!"

Kageyama popped a vein and clenched his fist. "What the hell did you just say about me midget?!?"

Hinata instantly waved his hands frantically, trying to justify his last choice of words. "I- I heard Tsukishima call you that one time in practice. He said it's because you drink milk a lot."

"That asshole." He muttered then stormed off ahead.

"Wait Kageyama don't leave us." She grabbed Hinata's arm and caught up with the now angry Kageyama.

They all continued on their way to school, dropping Hinata off at the classroom he was supposed to take the test at.

"Hey look at me." She said as they stood outside the door. Hinata let off a scared expression. "You're gonna do great ok so don't be nervous."

"Alright (Nickname). I'll meet up with you at the end of your class." And with that he went into the room.

"Ok I'm going to head to class now bye Kageyama." She pivoted and started to walk away before an arm grabbed hers stopping her in her tracks.