A New Friendship....Maybe

Kenma. The name of my one and only friend. The person who helped me deal with the horrors of my dad and the reality of my mom dying.

"K-Kenma?"

A smile appeared on his face. "Hey (Y/N)."

She almost cried at the sound of him saying her name. "Holy shit...I can't believe it's really you. How didn't I notice at first?"

"You've really grown too. I wasn't even for sure if it was you till Kageyama said your name." He held his arms out and she went in for a hug.

"Woah Kenma, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." Someone spoke behind (Y/N).

"I don't. She's an old friend."

"Well whoever she is, she's getting more attention than you ever gave me and I don't know if I like that." The person moped.

"What did you want Kuroo?"

"To tell you that the games gonna start."

She began to pull back but Kenma stopped her with his hands. "We'll catch up later ok?"

"You can come over today."

"I will."

They let go and Kenma went to Kuroo. She went to the Karasuno side and had a seat on the bench.

Hinata noticed his friend sitting down and came over to check on her. "Are you ok?"

She looked up at him. "I'm great Hin."

"Hin? Mmm I like that."

"Figured I'd just chop off the last part of your name." She shrugged then smiled.

"Come on Hinata!" Tanaka yelled. Hinata jumped and ran back to the court.

The two teams stood on opposite sides of the court and bowed their heads.

"Thank you for the game!" They shouted all together and then they prepared to start.

———

Kenma, Kuroo, and (Y/N) were walking down the street now.

"Why are you coming? It's supposed to be just me and (Y/N)." Kenma questioned.

"I want learn more about this childhood friend of yours."

She looked back at Kuroo. "What do you want to know?"

He gave her a cheeky grin and a hefty laugh. "Are any good at science?"

"Kuroo no-"

"Wait wait kitten let me hear her response."

Kenma sighed then leaned over to (Y/N). "You don't have to answer it."

"It's ok Kenma. Uh I think I'm alright at it but it's not my best subject."

"You know I'm pretty great in science. If you want I could help you out."

"Really thanks."

"Anything for a friend."

(Y/N) stopped then gave him a confused stare. "....We're friends?"

Kenma chuckled at that and Kuroo fake cried.

They continued walking till they reached her house.

"Kuroo again, you don't need to come."

"I'll leave if (Y/N) tells me to."

They both look over at her and a small smile appeared on her face. "Kenma it's ok. And I'm kind of curious about him too so I wouldn't mind if....."

She slowed down her pace to observe her house. The lights were on but no one was home...at least that's what she thought.

"(Y/N) why'd you stop? Finish what you were saying about me." Kuroo furrowed just eyebrows.

Kenma noticed her change in face. "Hey is everything ok?"

Although she had a calm expression, (Y/N)'s palms began to sweat and her stomach started to get knots.

"Oh yes everything's fine. I just wanted to see if you all wanted to go get some noodles instead."

Kenma and Kuroo exchanged glances and then shrugged their shoulders.

"I'm fine with that."

"Let's do it."

The turned around and started their walk to the noodle shop.

It's possible that she had just forgotten to turn them off this morning, but if it's who she thinks it is then....No. She shouldn't let that bastard get the better of her. She's supposed to be enjoying this night out with her friend and Kuroo, not worrying if her psychotic dad's home in the kitchen making her dinner that has poison in it.

(Y/N) sighed at herself.

You're being ridiculous, he doesn't come home for 3 months.

"Oh remember when we used to play Animal Crossing (Y/N)?"

"Yeah I do actually. If we were over my house we'd sit in the corner of the living room but if were at yours then we sat in the corner of your room."

"They came out with a new one this year and I just got it.  You wanna come over some time to play?"

"Uh duh! You don't have to ask me twice."

Kuroo had a perplexed look on his face. "Why were you guys in a corner?"

Her face saddened a bit and Kenma looked away.

"It's a me and (Y/N) thing...you wouldn't understand."

Kuroo scoffed and rolled his eyes, oblivious to how the mood changed.

Kenma saw him do this became slightly annoyed. "What's wrong now Kuroo?"

"Hmmm? Me? Oh there's nothing...there's nothing wrong."

"Yes there is I heard you scoff."

He moved closer towards (Y/N) to show that what he was about to say next was directed at her. "It's just, we have some stuff that only the two of us know about so I guess you could say they're a me and Kenma thing."

"Are you trying to make jealous?" She laughed lightly.

"Nooooo. Why would I want to make the almighty childhood friend jealous?"

"See this is why I didn't want you to come." Kenma heaved.

"Oh so you think I'm ugly?"

"What? No one said that."

(Y/N) laughed at their little bickering. Being by them brought her comfort and a feeling that she didn't want to leave.

~~~

I updated finally yesss sorry.

Remember if you have any questions or concerns then please comment them or dm me.

I'll be back to updating on Tuesday and Fridays.

Again really sorry about the really late chapter.