The Nekoma Cat

"Oh I'm ok...oi are you sure your alright?" The boy was staring at her with a weird look.

He snapped out of his trance and picked up his phone. "Yeah gomen." He sort of mumbled.

"(Y/N) is everything alright?"

She turned around to face Kageyama. "Everything's ok Kageyama."

The same weird look appeared on the boy's face. "Y-your name's (Y/N)?"

She faced the boy and gave him a small smile. "Yeah, what's yours?"

"I'm-"

"Ok Nekoma players, let's go warm up." Someone yelled.

"I have to go. Bye." He waved as he disappeared into the gym.

"You sure you're ok? That's like your third time falling in a week."

She chuckled. "I'm fine. I guess the floor just really likes me."

"Or maybe you're just a clumsy dumbass who really needs to start paying attention to your surroundings."

(Y/N) pursed her lips out. "That too."

He ruffled her hair then went through the gym doors. She followed in and was greeted by Nishinoya and Suga.

"Hey (Y/N)-Chan, what brings you hear?" Suga asked while walking with her to where Karasuno was setting up their items.

"Kageyama asked me if I wanted to come and I figured I could make it up for yesterday....speaking of which, how did it go against Aoba Johsai?"

"It went really well. We won and everyone played to their best abilities but, I know we can do better." He had a grin on his face, excited about what's next to come.

His smile was contagious causing a tiny one to form on (Y/N)'s face. "Seeing you so pumped about this makes me really happy."

They stopped in front of a bench and Suga sat his things down. He patted her head and chuckled. "I'm glad it does. Your smile is cute and I want to see it all the time."

Her face went to light red as an uncontrollable grin slowly appeared. "Ok."

"(Nickname) you're here!" She turns around and sees Hinata walking up to you.

"Hey Hinata, I hope you guys do good."

"Thanks."

The two of them sat down and continued chatting about random things. It was moments like this that (Y/N)'s enjoy, just having someone to talk to is always nice.

"Nekoma's done warming up come on Hinata." Daichi called out to him. He shot her a smile before jogging to the court.

They began their warm ups and (Y/N) got up to go help Kiyoko fill water bottles.

"How have you been (Y/N)?" She asked as they waited for the bottles to be filled with water.

"I've been good. What about you?"

"I've been great." She looked at the court with a soft grin on her face. "I've been meaning to talk to you about this and I think you should join me in managing the team. I'll need someone to take over when us third years have to leave and I want that person to be you."

K-kiyoko wants me?

"Uh..yeah! I'd love to." She grabbed (Y/N)'s hands and squeeze them affectionately.

"Arigatō. I'm going to go tell Takeda-Sensei. Will you be fine by yourself?"

She shook her head yes then Kiyoko started to walk away.

(Y/N) turned around and saw the bottle overflowing and water spilling onto the floor.

"HAHAHAHA DUMBASS!" Someone who she assumed was Tsukishima yelled. She immediately turned off the water and went into the bathroom to grab some paper towels.

She came back and started placing towels along the floor to try and soak up the water.

"You gotta be more careful (Nickname)." She mumbled to herself. She continued on ranting about how stupid she was acting and that she needed to be more attentive, not noticing the boy from earlier bending down next to her with a few of his own paper towels in hand.

"You look like you could use some help." He said with a dull expression.

He began picking up the now drenched paper and threw it away in a nearby trash bin.

"Oh you don't need to do that. It's my mess I need to clean it up."

"It's fine."

Together they cleaned up the mess and was able to dry the floor before anyone had a chance to slip on it.

"Arigatō, you really didn't need to do that." She bowed her head.

"It's ok, I wanted to help." He turned to leave but (Y/N) grabbed the end of his shirt. He gave a puzzled look.

"You never told me your name."

This sudden contact caused memories to flood back to the boy. Her wanting to play in his hair, always getting hit in the head with a volleyball, grabbing onto his clothes like she did just now.. All of the things he forgot about her resurfaced the moment he saw (Y/N).

"It's Kenma."

~~~

PEW PEW PEW PEW. I find it frickin hilarious how I ended this chapter on a "cliffhanger" when I'm positive most you had already guess who it was 😂.

Remember to comment or dm me if you have any questions or requests.

ALSO ITS ELECTION DAY TODAY AND IM KIND NERBY

Ok das it see you all Friday.