Chapter 5

Jaemin brought the two to Donghyuck's door, knocking on it. "Donghyuck, there's people here looking for you."

There was no answer so Jaemin let our a deep sigh before opening the door. Inside, a male was sitting at his desk with his earbuds in, wearing black shorts and a blue zip up hoodie, the hood over his head. He had tan skin and long brown hair, his round eyes glued to the multiple monitors in front of him.

"Sorry." Jaemin said, giving them a grin as he went over to Donghyuck, pulling his hood off.

"Yah, what was that for!" Donghyuck exclaimed, as Jaemin motioned to the two at the door. "Oh."

"I'll leave you three alone then." Jaemin said, exiting and closing the door behind him.

Donghyuck began tossing the empty cans of red bull into the trashbin, clearing the clutter from his desk. "Can I help you?"

"You're a hacker, right?" Jaehwa asked. "Haechan?"

"Uh, yeah, that's me." Donghyuck said, narrowing his eyes. "Why?"

"We could use your expertise." Johnny told him. "I need you to check if this computer was hacked and by who."

"You know nothing on this Earth is free, right." Donghyuck said, cracking his knuckles.

Who does this kid think he is?

Johnny was about to pull out his badge when Jaehwa stopped him, grabbing his arm. "A million."

Donghyuck pushed his lips outwards as he thought. "That's on the low side, don't you think?"

"Yah!" Johnny exclaimed but Jaehwa shot him a look and mouthed the words shut up.

"Five million, take it or leave it." Jaehwa said, crossing her arms. Donghyuck gave her a smile, stretching his hands over his head.

"Now we're talking."

...

Jaehwa winced as Johnny began scolding her the second they entered his car. "Are you crazy? How do you even have the money for this?"

"I don't." Jaehwa simply said. Johnny shot her a look.

"Great, once he finds out that we don't have the money, he's not going to do it. Then what?" Johnny asked, glaring at her.

"Just drive." Jaehwa told him. "I know what I'm doing."

"Oh, I don't think so." Johnny said as he started the engine. "I really don't think you do."

Jaehwa rolled her eyes. "Look, I know these types of businesses better than you do."

"Yeah, with your car wash, right?"

"Shut up and listen." Jaehwa demanded. Johnny stopped talking but the huge smirk was still on his face.

"Anyways, he's a kid, so he doesn't know the world that well. Have you ever worked with real hackers before, because I'm telling you right now that it'll take a lot more than five milllion won to get them to do something as dangerous as they are now. The reason why I offered one million in the first place is to to test the waters. He wanted to take it but wasn't sure so he asked to go higher. If I said no, he would have still taken it but I went higher because then he'll think that we desperately need him."

Jaehwa exhaled deeply once she was finished, turning towards Johnny. The male took a moment to register everything she had just told him before nodding his head. "That makes sense."

"That makes sense?" Jaehwa exclaimed. "That's all you have to say?"

"Well yeah, because it's true. Everything you said makes sense. Why were you expecting me to argue with you or something?" Johnny asked as he stopped at the red light. He took the time to turn his head towards her meeting her eyes.