Chapter 6

Jaehwa was confused. Why would someone from Dowon's company erase his autopsy?

"I'm going to book an appointment with them." Johnny said, taking out his phone and stepping out of the room.

"Appointment? Why are you all so eager to get this autopsy anyways?" Donghyuck asked, glancing around the room.

"We need it for the investigation." Mark blurted without thinking. He soon realized his mistake, covering his mouth.

"Investigation?!" Donghyuck exclaimed.

"Nice one." Jaehwa muttered just as Johnny returned.

"They didn't answer." Johnny said just as he noticed the looks on everyone's face. "What happened?"

"You aren't business people, aren't you?" Donghyuck asked, narrowing his eyes.

Johnny looked towards Jaehwa for an explanation but she motioned to Mark, who mumbled a "sorry."

Johnny sighed, knowing their cover had been blown. "No, we're not. I'm Detective Seo, Johnny."

Johnny showed Donghyuck his badge, which shocked the male. "Oh my gosh, you're part of the police."

Johnny nodded his head. "Yes, I am."

Donghyuck let out a loud groan, throwing his head back. "Ah, I'm screwed, aren't I? All the illegal hacking I've done. Are you taking me to jail now?"

Jaehwa bit the inside of her cheek, trying not to laugh. He really is a child at heart, isn't he?

"Just between the people in this room, I can let you go and pretend that I don't know anything," Johnny said before adding, "on one condition."

"What is it?" Donghyuck said, looking at Johnny desperately.

"Help us out when we need a hacker." Johnny told him.

Donghyuck immediately nodded his head.

"For sure, I can definitely do that. Just give me a call when you need me." Donghyuck told the elder male.

Jaehwa watched as Johnny smiled in satisfaction.

"It's a deal then."

...

Johnny had returned to the police station with Mark and Jaehwa, Donghyuck going home for the day. They had thanked Jungwoo for his time and the pathologist said he would continue looking for the report.

In the meantime, Johnny already had a plan in his head.

"Mark, can you find everything that you can related to the Kim's and the death?" Johnny asked.

"Of course." Mark replied, settling down at his computer.

"Great." Johnny said before doing the same at his own. Time to work on some other cases while he does that.

"Um."

Johnny looked up to see Jaehwa and remembered the girl was still there.

"Are you hungry?"

"Huh?"

Jaehwa motioned to Mark who had pulled out a sandwich and was munching on it while he worked. Johnny glanced at the time on his computer. "It's lunch time, isn't it."

Jaehwa nodded her head. "Yeah, you seem busy though so I was going to offer to go get you something."

"Yeah, that would be great." Johnny said, searching for his wallet but Jaehwa reached out, patting his arm.