Chapter 19

"E-e-excuse me?" Jaehwa stuttered out in disbelief.

Out of all the gangs in Neo City.

Jaehwa felt Johnny place a hand on her shoulder, giving it a light squeeze in hope of calming her down.

"The Vipers, the largest gang in the city." Taeyong said. "Do you know them?"

"Yes, we do." Johnny said, quickly butting in before Jaehwa could say something that would reveal her identity.

"Well, it's getting late, thank you so much for your time, Taeyong." Johnny said, taking Jaehwa's hand in his and dragging her out of the café before Jaehwa could say another word.

Jaehwa shook her hand out of Johnny's once they were back in the parking lot of the station.

"Johnny, do you realize what this means?" Jaehwa asked once she returned back to reality.

"Calm down, Jaehwa. Being angry isn't going to help." Johnny said, already sensing the anger coming out of the girl.

"My gang is involved. Jaehyun was involved. Oh my gosh Johnny, what if Jaehyun really did kill him?" The words were flying out of Jaehwa's mouth like no tomorrow.

"Jaehwa, stop overthinking, there's still so many holes." Johnny said, grabbing the girl's arms.

"But there's so many chances, I didn't even know we were involved, what if there's more secrets?"

"Jaehwa I swear if you don't stop talking, I will kiss you."

Jaehwa immediately closed her mouth after hearing Johnny's words.

"Good." Johnny said, taking a step back. "Now tomorrow, we'll figure out a plan and we'll take it step by step. No coming to conclusions without getting all the facts, alright?"

Jaehwa slowly nodded her head but Johnny's previous words were still stuck in her head.

Kiss.

"Johnny?"

"Yes?"

Jaehwa took a deep breath before taking a step forward. "Are you going home now?"

"That was the plan, why? Do you want to come over?" Johnny asked.

Jaehwa nodded her head. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all."

...

Jaehwa had to admit, she was jealous of Johnny. His place was so much nicer than hers, she wished she could live there.

Johnny seemed to notice this the second they entered, letting out a chuckle.

"Stop staring, it's just a regular apartment." Johnny said as he put his things down, beginning to get ready to prepare dinner.

"It's so nice." Jaehwa said, feeling the couch. "I can actually appreciate this place without being drunk or hungover."

She saw Johnny roll his eyes from the kitchen. "Whatever."

Jaehwa did her best to help Johnny in anyways that she could in the kitchen but it seemed as though the male didn't really need it. Nonetheless, he was still kind enough to let her attempt to help.

"Now for the big boy." Johnny said once Jaehwa finished placing the two plates on his table.

Jaehwa was surprised when Johnny pulled out a candle and a bottle of wine, putting them down before going back to the kitchen for wine glasses.

"Wine? What's the occasion?" Jaehwa asked as she sat down.

"I'm celebrating the fact that I'm not eating alone." Johnny said, a wide grin on his face. "Is there a problem?"