Chapter 15

Regular order? Johnny thought as he watched the interaction between the worker and Jaehwa, feeling a pang of jealousy in his chest.

"Hey." Jaehwa said, catching Johnny off-guard as she turned towards him. "Do you want coffee?"

"Sure." Johnny said, crossing his arms over his chest. Jaehwa nodded, turning back to Taeha's brother who's name was Taeyong.

"Yeah, we'll get two of the regular." Jaehwa said.

Taeyong nodded, putting in her order before glancing at Johnny. "So this is the man you always order for."

Jaehwa let out a small chuckle. "That's right, he works next door at the station."

"I see." Taeyong said before leaning forward, whispering something into Jaehwa's ear, making her giggle. She gave Taeyong a wave before making her way to where Johnny and Mark were, the three of them getting settled.

What in the world did he say?

"I didn't know your family owned this." Jaehwa said, pulling Johnny out of his thoughts. "I come here all the time."

"Well you've never seen me here." Taeha replied. "I just got back from Korea."

"Korea?" Mark asked. Taeha nodded.

"I should probably tell you about my story now." Taeha said with a sigh.

The three adjusted their positions, ready to hear what the woman had to say about Dowon.

"Dowon and I fell love back in high school. The second we laid eyes on each other, we knew it was meant to be, and it really was." Taeha said, a happy smile on her face that soon faded.

"But there was one problem."

"What was that?" Johnny asked, listening attentively.

"Our families." Taeha said with a frown.

"As you can tell, Dowon comes from a wealthy family of business men and he was always preparing to take over the family business. I, on the other hand, come from a commoner family who didn't live a life like theirs. It didn't help that our families often fought one another."

"Really?" Mark asked with wide eyes. Taeha nodded.

"The Kim's have tried many times to purchase our café and make it one of their own, but my father always stood his ground. The tensions between our fathers was also passed on to our younger brothers."

Taeha leaned forward, glancing at Taeyong before whispering. "I don't know if you noticed but Doyoung really really hates my brother. They were sworn enemies at school too and I heard they fought a lot there."

"Anyways, despite all that, we continued loving each other a soon, a blessing came along the way." Taeha said, a hand on her stomach.

"A baby." Jaehwa said softly. Taeha nodded.

"Dowon wanted to get married and I did too. But with the business, we both knew his father would never allow it. So we made a plan. A plan to run away to Seoul, to start a new life there."

That's when Taeyong came by, a tray full of mugs in his hands. "Sorry am I interrupting?"

"Not at all." His sister said, moving her chair over so that Taeyong had some room to place their drinks down. "Do you want to join us?"

"Maybe another day." Taeyong answered. "I should probably manage the shop."

Taeha nodded her head letting Taeyong walk away.

Johnny noticed Jaehwa's eyes follow Taeyong for a brief second before turning her attention back to Taeha.

Does she like him?