Chapter 13

Why is this club so damn crowded?

Johnny moved around the crowded dance floor, trying to figure out where in the world Jaehwa had gone. After a good amount of searching, he decided that she probably wasn't there and started looking at other placed.

Johnny let out a big sigh of relief when he saw the outline of the girl sitting at the bar with a cup of water.

She's definitely drunk.

His relief didn't last long as he saw the man slide into the seat beside her. Just one look at him and Johnny already knew that he was searching for a random woman to bring home that night and settled on Jaehwa.

Johnny tried his best to push through the people, eyes glued to Jaehwa and the man. He saw the man's lips move and Jaehwa turn away, clearly trying to avoid him.

Johnny was almost at the two when he saw the man place his hand on Jaehwa's thigh and that's when he knew he had to act, his blood already boiling.

Johnny was not an aggressive person. He never fought in school, never laid a finger on another person, but that man angered Johnny enough for him to give the man a shove, making sure he was far away from Jaehwa.

"Stay away from my girlfriend, you filthy piece of trash." Johnny said, instinctively throwing the boyfriend card to keep the man away.

Jaehwa met his eyes and grabbed onto his torso, leaning into him as she whispered into his ear. "Thank you."

"Girlfriend? Tch, how do I know you're not a predator taking advantage of woman?" The man asked.

Johnny gritted his teeth. Predator? If you want to meet a predator go look in the mirror.

Johnny normally didn't play this card but he could tell that Jaehwa was about to pass out and if she did, he would have a lot more trouble getting her out of the club so he had to act fast.

"If you don't get out of my sight, I won't be afraid to arrest you for sexual assault." Johnny said, flashing his badge. "I'm sure the cameras are enough to back me up as well."

"What the heck is a cop doing here." The man muttered at the sight of Johnny's badge. "Alright, I'll leave, no need to arrest people for no reason tonight."

"Johnny can we go?" Jaehwa asked softly and Johnny nodded his head, deciding that he had enough with the man anyways. Plus, he was already making his way out of the club, his night probably ruined.

Johnny exited the club with Jaehwa, helping her into the passenger seat of his car. He pulled out a plastic bag but Jaehwa shook her head.

"I'm good, I'm pretty good at holding my alcohol down. I'm just sleepy, that's all." Jaehwa told him.

"Whatver you say." Johnny said, returning the bag to the compartment of his car. "I swear if you ruin the seats, you're paying for the damage."

Johnny heard a small giggle leave Jaehwa's mouth as she got comfortable. "I won't, don't worry."

Johnny started the car, about to drive away when Jaehwa's eyelids fluttered open at an alarmingly fast rate. "Johnny?"

Johnny immediately grabbed the plastic bag and passed it to her but Jaehwa smacked his hand away. "Idiot, that's not what I want."

"What is it then?" Johnny asked, raising an eyebrow as he put the bag away once again.

"Can I stay at your place tonight? I can't sleep at the trailer knowing that Jaehyun isn't there."

I guess I'll just have to take the couch.

"Sure." Johnny said, understanding how hard it must be for her.