Chapter 23

"There was intention." Mark said once Johnny finished informing him of what Jungwoo had showed them. "Someone wanted him dead."

Johnny nodded in agreement, massaging his head.

A few good things had came out of this. They were no longer at a dead end and were closer to clearing Jaehyun's name.

On the other hand, a whole new factor came into play, meaning Johnny needed to come up with a plan to accommodate this.

"Do you know what this means?" Johnny asked his assistant.

"What?" Mark asked with curious eyes.

"That means we really need to pay attention during Dowon's funeral this weekend."

Anyone there can be a suspect.

...

"How was your week?" Jaehyun asked his twin that was sitting across from him, the sheet of glass between them.

"Too much." Jaehwa replied. "Too much time without you."

"I heard you were doing well with what's his name? Johnny?" Jaehyun said, a cheeky grin on his face.

"Who told you that?" Jaehwa asked before realizing. "Ten came by, didn't he?"

"Yup." Jaehyun said, leaning forward. "So tell me, what about this man made my stone cold sister fall in love."

"We have limited time and you want to talk about that?" Jaehwa exclaimed.

Jaehyun nodded his head. "No serious talk today."

Jaehwa stared at her brother in disbelief. She had originally planned on telling him about the case but it seemed as thought Jaehyun wasn't the least bit interested in that.

Jaehwa then realized that Jaehyun probably didn't talk to many people inside the prison. He probably wasn't allowed to, with the type of crime he committed. This was the only time he could talk, so of course, he wanted something to take his mind of his miserable situation.

"Well," Jaehwa started. "He's tall, handsome, and very funny. I think you two would get along well."

"Good." Jaehyun said with a smile, happy to see his sister smiling. "Because if we didn't, it's a big no from me."

"No, Jae, you'll love him. He reminds me so much of you." Jaehwa said, proceeding to tell her brother about the multiple nights she spent together with Johnny.

...

Johnny was expecting a regular day. One involving eating, working, and sleeping. Maybe a small visit to Jaehwa's place.

What he got that morning was something he was not expecting.

Johnny had almost missed it. It was on the hood of his car, a tiny sticky note with writing he didn't recognize.

Be careful where you stick your nose, Johnny Seo.

And for the first time in a really long time, Johnny was scared.

...

Jaehwa was surprised when she got a phone call that night, staring at the caller ID.

"Hello?" Jaehwa said, picking up her phone.

"Did I wake you up?" Johnny asked from the otherside of the line.

"No, I was just lying in bed." Jaehwa told him. "Why?"

"Just wondering." Johnny said with a sigh. "I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight."

"Why not?" Jaehwa asked, sitting up on her bed, tucking her knees to her chest.