Chapter 7: Battle-Part 1

Day 1: Sneak Attack

Before everyone went to bed, Fakir is making a bed for the prince. Before Heaven could say goodnight, she went to see the prince is doing.

When she got the Living Room, she sees the prince is sitting right next to the window; looking at the night time sky. Heaven took a deep breath and approached to the prince calmly. The prince turns to her, "What is it Heaven?" he asked her,

"Just checking on...how you're holding up, that's all." Heaven answered, then the prince turns away from her. Heaven can see the sadness in his eyes, so she approached him very carefully. "You're worrying about Raylynn, aren't you?"

"I am,"

"Don't worry," Heaven smiled. "Raylynn is a brave and smart girl, and she can take care of her own while we're not around."

"Yeah, I know that but..." the prince sighed, "There's something else that I'm very worried about,"

"Like what?"

"You don't even want to know," the prince stood up. "It's a huge secret that needs to be protected, you'd understand. Don't you?"

"Yes," Heaven nodded.

"Mytho," Fakir's voice broke into their conversation. "Your bed is ready,"

"I'll be right there, but thank you Fakir." The prince replied,

"Any time," Fakir left the room.

"I guess we should head to bed now,"

"Yes, we should." Heaven agreed.

"Well...goodnight," the prince bowed a little as he exiting out of the Living Room.

"Night," she echoed. When the prince is out of the room, Heaven looks out of the window and she too looks up at the stairs. Please Raylynn, Heaven prayed. Please make sure that you would be safe from them...for a while, then she too has headed to bed.

Before Heaven went to bed, she tells her parents goodnight and give a hug and goodnight kiss each. Then she is off to bed, and fallen to sleep.

While the prince and Heaven are asleep, Fakir and Duck are still awake in their room. They both are sharing the bed, before they could go to sleep. Something is in Fakir's mind, "I wonder what they were talking about before I interrupted them?" Fakir's wonders out loud,

"Probably something else than betroved to," Duck quacked his answer.

"What do you mean by that Duck?" he looks at Duck,

"I'd smelled a ring in Prince Mytho's pocket earlier," she began to explain. "I'd thought that is was a gift to Heaven to marry him but...hours later, when you called the children down. I'd smelled the ring again...and it is in Raylynn's pocket, not in Heaven's!"

"What?" Fakir sat up,

"I'd think that the prince has proposed to Raylynn instead of Heaven,"

"Does Heaven know about this?"

"I'm not sure," Duck shrugged. "But maybe we could ask her in the morning,"

"Maybe," Fakir lied back down. "Well, night Duck."

"Goodnight Fakir," then Fakir blew the candle out and they both have went to sleep.