Blast off and breakdowns

Adoras POV:

"We need to get ready to leave. It's been to many days and we need to get to this stupid planet!" I was getting really frustrated they all refused to leave until we had everything we needed.

Since when do we wait before jumping into action!

"Adora! Calm down! We just need to get a few more things into the ship and we will leave tonight! I sighed

"I know...I'm sorry I just want her home safe..."

"I know you do Adora we all do." She hugged me I took in a deep breath.

"Hey! What are we gonna do about the other princesses?" Entrapta was questioning as she continued to load different things into the ship.

"The other princess don't know we're going anywhere and I think we should keep it that way..." I grabbed my bag of essentials loading on to the ship myself. "I'm already risking all of your lives for this I don't need to risk the others to." The others nodded pulling the last few things into the ship.

"Ok she-ra let's get this show on the road!" Glimmer stood at the front

"Already on it. For the honor of grayskull!" I looked down at everyone around me,not in a condescending way in a I'm 8 foot tall way and I have to literally look down.

"Administrator detected, what is your query?"

" Entrapta, do what you need to and get us to Ovalis please."

"On it tall one!" She pressed random buttons and the ship took off from its landing place. "we are on our way!"

*few hour time skip to later*

Throughout the past few hours everyone slowly drifted off to there own quarters. I was left alone curled up in that big chair staring into the endless void of space.

I pulled my knees to my chest wrapping my arms around myself resting my chin on my legs. I felt tears start to prickle at the corners of my eyes. I've been holding these emotions in so long it was getting so much harder to contain.

"What do I do now...?" I choked out to myself. The tears started coming hot and heavy trailing down my face. I couldn't help but let a muffled sob escape my mouth.

My thoughts were racing. It's times like this I hate being alone. It's like the weight of the world is sitting on my shoulders. Holding me down making it hard to breath. I held my knees tighter.

I love being she-ra helping people and saving planets and all but...sometimes it all gets to much. Like I have to be perfect all the time no mistakes and a single slip up could endanger everyone I love. I smile all the time to keep everyone from flipping out but 67% of the time I'm freaking out myself.

I was sitting there alone. Heart in my throat. And what felt like hundreds of pounds sitting on my chest. My body was trembling. I was holding my breath to stop the choking sobs from waking anyone up which was only making my situation worse. I felt like I was drowning but could never reach the surface.

They don't exactly worry about mental health in the horde. We're taught to be soldiers and to be strong.

Emotions make you weak. Weaknesses make you vulnerable. If your vulnerable you will die.

So instead I do things like this. Holding my breath when I'm alone so I can wake up again and smile.

(We see a wide shot of Adora holding her knees shaking and then the screen fades out to blackness) this last part is how I feel like this would end in a visual way and I wanted it here. I'm sorry for the angst and I am most definitely not projecting.

Love y'all!
Panda