Chapter Two

Everything seemed to happen at once as Thor and the other man entered the room. Natasha pulled a gun out of her thigh holster, Clint aimed a bow and arrow at the dark-haired man, Tony pointed an Ironman hand that came out of seemingly nowhere at the man, Steve, Bucky, and Vision got into defensive positions, Bruce moved to the far side of the room and Wanda and Pietro stepped in front of me protectively. I snorted at my siblings, knowing that they defended me because I was the youngest.

"Wait, wait!" Thor said, raising his hands. "He is here for a good reason, I assure you!"

"Thor, that's your brother you're talking about. I doubt it is good," Tony said, glaring at the man.

Everything suddenly clicked. The dark-haired man was Loki, Thor's brother. Thor had told me hundreds of stories about his brother. It was obvious that he loved Loki very much, and he was deeply troubled when everything went downhill.

I took a good look at Loki. He had raven, shoulder-length hair, and emerald eyes. Those eyes showed signs of annoyance and a hint of smugness. His clothes were similar to Thor's. They looked like they came out of a fairy tale, with green and gold and black looking really good together.

"Trust me," Thor said joyfully, "it is!"

Loki rolled his eyes and huffed.

"My brother will be staying here with the Avengers to right his wrongs and help out with Midgardian problems!"

Everyone froze. Tony started spluttering, Clint and Natasha glared at Loki and Steve told Thor how much of a bad idea that was.

I studied Loki again, not wanting to be apart of the argument. His eyes roamed around the room, taking every Avenger in. His eyes landed on me, and I gave him a small smile. His left eyebrow lifted slightly before he continued looking around the room.

I sighed, sinking down into my chair, already bored.

"He will not be staying here! He threw me out of a window, and you think that I'll just let him stay here?" Tony argued.

I started laughing and everyone in the room looked at me.

"Wait... he actually threw you out of a window?" I wheezed. "I thought that was a joke!"

Tony glared at me while Clint rolled his eyes and continued arguing.

"Enough!" Thor yelled. "Loki is my brother, and the All father has requested that he resides here until he proves himself worthy."

A few people grumbled but everyone eventually agreed to let Loki stay.

"Fantastic," Thor said, clapping his hands once. "Now, you haven't met everyone yet."

Thor introduced Vision, who was only slightly weary of Loki, Bucky didn't let any emotion show, and my siblings seemed protective. Again.

Finally, Thor got to me, but before he could introduce me, I stuck out my hand and said, "Do you charge per murder, or do you do it for the fun?"

Loki looked extremely confused at my joke and Pietro hit my arm. I glared at Pietro, but kept my arm outstretched. Loki smirked as he took my hand. He raised it to his lips and kissed it.

"You look brilliant in my colour, Lady..."

"Y/n."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady," he purred.

Wanda glared at him and Pietro growled – actually growled.

"Well," Steve said awkwardly, "I think we should go over the rules with Loki being here."