Chapter Seven

The next morning I sat on the couch, staring at the blank tv while thinking about last night. Why was I so flustered last night? And why did Loki sit next to me? Not that I was complaining. Maybe we had taken a step closer to friendship. I wouldn't call us friends at the moment, maybe... acquaintances? Did I even want to be friends with him? Yes. I did. He seemed kind – to me at least. Although I knew he wasn't particularly nice to any of my other team members.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Clint enter the room until he said, "You know you're supposed to turn the tv on, right?"

Startled, I shrieked loud enough to alert the whole tower. Not even a second later, Pietro was by my side.

"What is wrong, printsessa?" he asked, grabbing my shoulders.

I pushed him off, grumbling about how overprotective he was. Soon enough, almost the whole team was in the living room asking about the commotion.

"I was just thinking, and then this birdbrain," I said, pointing at Clint, "decided that startling me would be a good idea."

Everyone started laughing or rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Loki entered the room but stopped in the doorway when everyone turned to look at him.

"I was wondering what the commotion was about," he said politely.

Before anyone could reply, Tony came rushing into the room.

"Suit up guys, we've got a mission," he said.

Everyone got up, but when I moved to get suited up, Tony stopped me.

"You're not coming," he said.

"What?" I snapped.

Everyone turned to watch the argument.

"We need someone to take care of Reindeer Games, and he seems to want to stab you the least out of all of us," he replied calmly.

I turned to look at Loki who gave me a half shrug.

"Fine," I mumbled. "I'll be here when you get back. Don't get hurt too badly."

Tony ruffled my hair and everyone walked to the hangar. I hugged my siblings goodbye.

"Stay safe," I murmured.

They assured me that they would and left to enter the jet. Once everyone was gone, I turned to look at Loki.

"It's just us now," I said.

He just nodded. I didn't really like the silence. It seemed... different to the silence we usually shared.

"Well, at least now we don't have to isolate ourselves in the library." I chuckled awkwardly.

Loki smiled.

"I suppose we don't have to."

I smiled as Loki got his book and sat down on the couch. I grabbed mine and paused for a split second before sitting on the opposite side of the couch to him. He did the same last night, so he wouldn't mind, right?

The silence that overcame us was a lot more comfortable than the previous one. I smiled as I read, knowing that I was closer to gaining another friend.

~

A while later my stomach rumbled, disrupting the silence.

"Are you hungry?" Loki asked me.

I nodded my head and checked the time.

"Oh man. We were reading for a while. It's past six already!" I exclaimed, jumping up.

Loki chuckled, but didn't say anything.

"You don't really talk much, do you?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen.

I turned around to see Loki blink in surprise.

"Would you prefer it if I spoke more?" he purred, prowling towards me.

I gulped, averting my eyes.

"I...uh...y-yeah," I stuttered.

Loki stalked towards me until we were almost touching. I looked up and into his eyes. They were so green, like a sea of emeralds. The sight made my power pulse, and for a moment, the tower was full of floating water droplets. Loki looked around at the water, but it disappeared almost as fast as it came.

"What exactly is it that you can do, darling?" he murmured, looking around for any trace of the magic.

I took a step back and lifted my hand, which was suddenly wreathed in flame.

"It's very strange, my power," I said. "I can control the basic elements..."

The flame moved up into a ball of fire before transitioning into a ball of water. I froze the ball of water, and then transformed it into a pink hibiscus. I floated the flower towards him on an invisible breeze.

"But I can also do other things, like this."

A ball of electricity appeared between my hands for a moment, before disappearing.

"I can't really control that, though," I said sheepishly.

"Can you do anything else?" he asked, impressed.

I looked around for something before I found the perfect thing. I walked towards the counter and picked up a knife. I threw it into the air and stopped it, by controlling the metal. I then made the metal change form, becoming a cube before reverting back to the knife. It wobbled the whole way, not quite keeping form.

"It's easier to do if my life is in danger. Here, throw it at me," I said, handing the knife to him.

"What?" he asked incredulously.

I rolled my eyes.

"Trust me."

He took the knife, looking at it, while I took a few steps back.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said, holding the knife out to me.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"You won't hurt me," I assured him.

He considered it for a moment before throwing it full speed at my chest. I gasped and the knife stopped mid-air.

Apparently, this was the best moment for the team to arrive home.

A/N

Hello! This was a bit of a cliff hanger, huh?

*Is reminded of Natasha and dies inside*

Anyway... Let me know what you think! If you could vote too that would be amazing!

P.S. The meme isn't mine <3

~ LadyLokiLaufeyson