Chapter Twenty-Seven

1 year and 2 months later

I sat with Loki on a cliff overlooking the sea. We decided to take some time for ourselves away from the others. The top of the cliff was full of flowers and we could hear the waves crashing against the rocks. We had a picnic blanket and an array of snacks.

We were currently making flower crowns. I was making one for Loki and he was making one for me. The one for Loki had blue, yellow and pink flowers, while the one for my had white and f/c flowers.

Once mine was done, I made the flowers look more alive and vibrant. Loki was still working on mine, so I placed the crown on his head. He looked up at me with a quirked eyebrow and I giggled. Loki finished the flower crown and placed it on my head.

"Your Majesty," he said, kissing my hand.

I smiled and kissed him. We lay down on the picnic blanket together, looking at the clouds.

"That one looks like a horse," I said, pointing to a cloud.

We pointed out peculiar looking clouds, laughing and talking.

After a while, Loki stood up and held out his hand to help me up. I took it and he held both my hands in his.

"Y/n," he began, "I have never loved anyone more than I love you. I remember seeing you for the first time in the conference room. You looked stunning in my colour, and you still do."

I smiled, wondering where he was going with this.

"You were the only person besides my brother who was nice to me. You had heard stories and rumours about me, but you gave me a chance to prove myself otherwise."

I ran my thumb over the back of his hand.

"I fell in love with you the moment you told me to throw a knife at your head. You trusted me, the god of lies, to throw a knife at your head. By then I am sure you knew how much I stabbed my brother on a daily basis."

He got down on one knee and I gasped. A ring box appeared in his hands. He opened it and I saw a golden band with an emerald gemstone.

"I love you, y/n. I want you to be mine forever. Will you marry me?"

Tears were rolling down my face as I nodded. He placed the ring on my finger and stood up. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled his face down to mine. I kissed him passionately.

When I pulled back, I placed my forehead against his.

"I love you, too," I whispered.

~

When we got back to the tower, everyone noticed my happy mood.

"Why are you so happy?" Clint asked.

"Why aren't you, grumpy?" I replied back, skipping to the centre of the room.

Once I got to the centre, I held my right hand to Loki, hiding my left behind my back. Once he grabbed my hand, I looked around the room at my family, and held my left hand out.

"We're engaged!" I announced happily.

The girls squealed and ran up to me, hugging me tight. Thor gave Loki a hug, which he returned, slightly reluctantly. Everyone congratulated us.

"Engagement party!" Tony called, running away to plan it before we could say no.

I looked over to Pietro to see him with tears in his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, going over to my brother and giving him a hug.

He took a deep breath before answering.

"I don't want to let you go," he mumbled.

I hugged him tighter.

"Don't worry Pietro," I said. "I still love you. Always have, always will. I'm just going to be married."

Pietro snorted and shook his head.

"It's silly," he said.

"Not really. I understand where you're coming from," I said. "How do you feel about it, Thor?"
I looked to the blonde. He also had tears in his eyes.

"I'm fine," he said.

Voice crack. He was definitely not fine, and we all knew it.

I smiled softly at my brother and gave him a hug, Wanda doing the same.

Thor slung an arm around Loki, and he didn't push him off.

I smiled at my fiancée. I couldn't wait to start my life with him.

A/N

That's the last chapter of The Maximoff Triplets! There will be an epilogue, don't worry. Thank you all for joining me on this journey. I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Have a fantastic day/night!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson