Chapter Thirteen

I opened my eyes to a bright light. This was it. I was dead. At least I had kissed Loki once before I died...

I heard a gasp and turned my head to the side. Loki was sitting on a chair next to me with his mouth open.

"Y/n..." he whispered, as if not believing it.

"Did you die too?" I croaked.

He shook his head and I saw tears in his eyes.

"Hey, hey, it's alright," I said, reaching out for him.

He grabbed my hand and held it tight.

"I thought... I thought that you..." his voice shook at the end, and my heart broke knowing what I put him through.

"We made it," was all I said.

He nodded, still gripping my hand and I smiled.

"Will you stay with me?" I asked.

"I am not going anywhere," he said.

"No, here. With me," I said.

Loki furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Will you sleep with me?" I asked. At his shocked expression I added, "not like that. I mean... actual sleep."

He chuckled and shook his head, standing up.

"I would love to, darling, but this hospital bed is much to small for the both of us," he replied.

"Well then we can go upstairs," I said, sitting up.

Loki raised his eyebrows at my stubbornness and watched me struggle to stand up.

"A little help would be nice," I grumbled, trying to not wobble on my legs.

Loki just smirked at me. I tried to take a step towards him, but my legs wobbled so hard that I fell face first towards the floor. Before I could face plant, Loki caught me underneath my shoulders. In one fluid movement, he picked me up bridal style. He then teleported us to his room and lay me down on the bed gently.

I wriggled underneath the blankets and Loki lay beside me. I snuggled up to him, laying my head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around me. I sighed happily, falling asleep.

I felt Loki kiss the top of my head before I drifted off.

~

I woke up to the sound of deep breathing. I opened my eyes and realised I was in Loki's room, and that the deep breathing was coming from him. I tilted my head upwards to look at him.

He looked so peaceful. I remembered our talk in the library once about him not needing to sleep as often as humans. I suddenly had a wave of anxiety. Was he okay? Why was he asleep?

Loki's eyes shot open and he looked at me with wide eyes. I let out a breath and ran my fingers over his face.

"Are you okay?" I murmured, calming down.

Loki looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he asked me.

"Well – you said that gods don't need to sleep as much as humans do..." I trailed off.

He chuckled.

"I used a lot of my magic healing you, so I needed to sleep to regain energy," he explained.

"How... how long ago was the battle?" I asked.

"A few days ago," he said quietly.

I let out a long breath and started getting up.

"Where are you going?" Loki asked, the grip on my waist tightening.

I giggled at him.

"I need to let my siblings know I'm okay. And the rest of the team," I said.

Loki reluctantly let go of me and got up. We walked to the common room and there was an explosion of noise when everyone saw me. Everyone crowded around me, asking if I was okay.

"What you did was epic. But dangerous," Sam added as Natasha hit him over the head.

"I liked the part where you kissed Loki," Bucky added.

Everyone went silent and my face flushed. Pietro and Wanda glanced at me before looking at Loki. I moved over to stand in front of him defensively. No one said anything for a minute.

"Sam, you owe me twenty dollars," Bucky said.

Everyone turned to him with wide eyes.

"What?" he asked defensively.

"Hurt her and you're dead," Pietro said violently to Loki.

"I would never hurt her," Loki said softly.

That seemed to be enough for Wanda because she nodded and then smiled at me.

"Well, I am glad that my brother has found someone as lovely as you," Thor said. "But if you hurt him, I will crush your bones."

Thor's face was stony as he said this, but afterwards he gave me a small smile. I looked to Loki and saw him with a murderous glare on his face.

"You will do no such thing," Loki growled.

Thor just shrugged, smiling slightly at his brother. Everything was a bit tense after Thor said that, but then Sam decided to break the silence.

"Y/n, why do you get injured on every mission?"

A/N

Awww :) I hope you enjoyed chapter 13 lovelies! I have a Steve x Reader book if want to check that out. Anyways, if you could leave a vote and comment what you think, that would be great!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson