Chapter Twenty

I woke up in Tony's lab. I groaned. Why did I keep waking up like this?

"Y/n! You're awake!"

I barely had a moment to figure out who said that before multiple pairs of arms wrapped around me.

"Woah, woah, I'm suffocating!" I wheezed.

The people pulled back and I recognised them as my siblings, Natasha, and Clint. I smiled weakly at them. I looked around the room, spotting all of the Avengers and Loki. I smiled at Loki and he walked up to me and took my hands. That's when I noticed the metal band around my wrist.

"What's this?" I asked, removing one of my hands from Loki's and lifting it to my face.

"It's a limiter," Tony said distractedly, looking at something on his computer. "it should keep your power how they used to be."

"Used – used to be?" I asked.

"Love..."

Loki ran a hand down my cheek.

"That man... he did something to you. Your power has become a lot stronger, and there's a lot more of it. You can't control it," Loki said, rubbing soothing circles on my hands.

I stayed silent. My powers... were out of control. I couldn't control them. They were really the only thing in my life I had control over, and now... now I had no control.

Wanda grabbed the other hand that Loki wasn't holding.

"It will be alright," she murmured. "You have us. All of us."

I looked around at my team, except, they weren't my team. They were my family. From my blood siblings, to people I considered family, and... Loki. The man I had such feelings for. The god who held my heart.

Suddenly, I felt better. Knowing that all these people were there for me made me feel safe. Protected. Loved.

~ Time skip ~

"Asgard?" I asked, excitedly.

Loki rolled his eyes at my enthusiasm.

"Yes, Love. Asgard," he said.

I jumped up and down excitedly. I had always wanted to see Asgard. Thor and Loki had told me about it, and it sounded wonderful. The castle, the meadows, the mountains and, most importantly, the rainbow bridge.

Loki looked at me fondly.

"What?" I asked. "I'm excited for the rainbow bridge."

He snorted and shook his head.

"I love you," he said.

He froze, as if shocked that the words left his mouth. I looked at him, surprised, before grabbing his face and pulling him down for a kiss.

"I love you, too," I murmured, smiling.

Relief washed over Loki's face before he kissed me again.

"Now, off to Asgard!" I cheered.

We walked to the top of the tower, where Thor awaited us. Everyone else stood there, ready to say their goodbyes.

My siblings attacked me with hugs first.

"Don't worry, it'll only be a week or so," I said, although I hugged them just as tight as they hugged me.

Everyone else said there goodbyes, and before I knew it, I stood with Thor and Loki away from everyone else.

Loki wrapped an arm around my waist.

"The trip may be a bit sickening the first time," Loki warned me.